Had a fairly good working experience at AT&T, San Ramon, CA

Current Employee - Analyst in San Ramon, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1) AT&T, CA is a recognized brand. 2) Customer service is a top priority at all levels, both in house and out. 3) Salaries are above average and raises are given annually. Amount of raise based on performance. Salaried employees get a yearly bonus based on AT&T performance. 4) Training & Education benefits 5) Health & retirement benefits are better than most other companies. At the time of my full time employment, I was fully vested in the retirement plan after 5 years, instead of 7 or more years for most companies. 6) The San Ramon Campus is one of the nicest places work. It has two man made lakes. There is plenty of parking spaces & easily accessible by public transportation. 7) It is very close to all kinds of shopping, eating, & other services.

Cons

1) A telecommunications company that would NOT allow more of it's employees to telecommute from home. Thus, creating more ozone damage, using more energy at it's huge San Ramon Campus, and negative commute economics. 2) Outsourced many jobs out of country. 3) Outsourced my department to a smaller company, then got laid off & got smaller severance package instead of getting AT&T's severance package. 4) Got laid off after returning from medical leave of absence.

Advice to Management

1) Treat employees as good as good as your customers. 2) A telecommunications company should let most of their employees telecommute/work from home. 3) Keep improving service & products.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. AT&T is a large innovative company filled with a LOT of smart people.

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-AT&T has been extremely flexible with my schedule -Lots of resources and networking opportunities -Lots of career Opportunities -Very nice, smart, extremely helpful people

Cons

-Big company, lots of red tape

2. Alright but not the best

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent pay, thorough training, sometimes we got free food.

Cons

management not understanding or considerate

Advice to Management

be thoughtful to your reps! Think about building relationships and maybe you'll retain them longer.