AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in San Ramon, CA
Former Employee - Technical Specialist in San Ramon, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

compensation was excellent. worked there for 30 years and i was well compensated with great benefits. the retirement package is excellent. i would not hesitate to recommend a career there.

Cons

long hours but well paid for the time spent as i was in business sales for my entire career. i was an account executive, account manager, and a technical sales consultant.

low achievers should be let go.

5961 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Decent place to work

Current Employee - CsrII in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - CsrII in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

they train employees well enough

Cons

management mishandled some HR issues involving conflicts between employees

let HR handle issues between employees. that's one of the things HR is there for

Good company.

Current Employee - RSC in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - RSC in Bend, OR

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you apply yourself you can make a good wage and have a good overall workplace environment. I do feel that my upper management like my area manager, and district manager care about me as a person, not just as a sales person.

Cons

Like all retail it's never enough. I'm the best rep in my store and number seven rep on the west coast and you'd think I was terrible at my job because there are so many stupid worthless reports that truly mean nothing. We have tools at our disposal to make not only our lives easer, but the customers and while its usually prudent to use these tools, its not always better. but you will still get your ass chewed out for not directing a customer to a payment kiosk instead of taking a payment at the register.

The countless reports have to stop. The iPad registers are fantastic, but its a tool, if you dont use it 90% of the time, I have a manager up my ass asking why. Its a tool to better server our customer, but you have us on such a short leash that if we dont use it we get in trouble, and for what? The only reason I see is to justify the amount of money you pad to apple to get the devices. The same goes for the Payment Kiosk, we cant take payments for customers at our station, why? When I'm in a customers account taking a payment it gives me the opportunity to add features, if they use the Kiosk I get no such chance, its a wasted opportunity, but hey you have to justify buying all those kiosks, or "tools" so we better have all our customers use that station. Next thing you know I'm going to have a report outlining why I use the orange highlighter more than the yellow, or a blue pen vs a black. All these reports justifying the purchase of tools to help me, just slow us down because we're all paranoid, if we've used the mobile opus enough or not.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T