AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Walk in the door stupid because you will be treated that way.

Current Employee - Facility Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL
Current Employee - Facility Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good not the best, benefits are better than a lot of places, but they are changing not for the better every year

Cons

Micromanaged by bean counters far removed from the actual job they lord over as experts in the field. Upper management gives no flexibility or decision making authority to front line managers or technicians. It is a zero tolerance environment for any one trying to improve our customers experience unless you use their check list. You feel like a robot reading off everything they require you to say to every customer weather it applies or not. And this a real turn off when you are face to face with a dissatisfied customer.

Your numbers are a joke. You have created a system in which we as employees are more interested in meeting the numbers that someone puled from their lower torso than doing what we know needs to be done to keep the customer. Listen to the people on the ground instead of the people who will tell the emperor that his clothes look great. You can't measure a loyal customer that establishes a relationship with a company employee with bogus numbers. This is often said at our office (One of these days we are going to have perfect numbers and no customers.)

5838 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Not customer friendly

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fun people to work with

Cons

keep time limit short even if you lose customers

started great but is ending bad

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good starting pay, its a job

Cons

upper management is stuck in their ways and expect you to be a robot and sound like a robot, for tech support there is a top out in pay and once you get there you can't make any more money, In tech support we aren't even considered tier 1 so we don't make any where near the money that we should be making. turn over rate is horrible.

treat your employees like people and not robots and that scripts are horrible and not made for great calls.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T