AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great money to be made as a sales rep - Management life is rough

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

50k + job for people with just a HS Diploma/GED that includes full benefits. Sales reps are covered under a union so they get great protection (I work in Texas and they all get it)
Tons of networking - Company phone - discounts on personal AT&T accounts like Uverse and Mobile Service

Cons

Hours are long, it's retail - all standing - if you have a manager who really lives the AT&T vision -which means (s)he supports and coaches their reps to make them successful - but some just use fear to threaten you and do your job - rather than help you and coach you.

Also - quit doing 3-4 different launches at once. iPhone 5 - then OM - then ISIS - holy crap people.

Take a look at yourselves. Unless you're part of the clique as a manager you're still treated second rate. As we speak I'm pretty sure my boss is trying to be forced out because they just don't want him there - Sad thing is - his entire staff loves him - and he and the other assistants are the ones who drives the sales

6493 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

The whole landscape is dominated by an adversarial corporate culture.

Current Employee - Digital Technician in Muscle Shoals, AL
    Current Employee - Digital Technician in Muscle Shoals, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Almost all the jobs are overpaid in comparison to the local non-monopolistic, non-union economies. Benefits have diminished over the years but they're still competitive.

Cons

Excellence is punished. There is no such thing as "Total Quality" or "Team Concept". The best you can hope for is to play the game well enough to keep from getting in trouble.

Study management and dump Six Sigma and ESM.

A good stepping stone for any student looking to experience some sort of the business world.

Former Employee - Intern in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at AT&T as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

most of the employees were accessable and very eager to be mentors and have chats (for higher up managers, the wait is longer but I was even able to get some top executives to have a chat for 15 minutes), amazing pay for intern, many informative info sessions and training sessions

Cons

you get to realize that in a large corporation like AT&T, it's hard to matter- it takes away some intrinsic value of work.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T