AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great money to be made as a sales rep - Management life is rough

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

50k + job for people with just a HS Diploma/GED that includes full benefits. Sales reps are covered under a union so they get great protection (I work in Texas and they all get it)
Tons of networking - Company phone - discounts on personal AT&T accounts like Uverse and Mobile Service

Cons

Hours are long, it's retail - all standing - if you have a manager who really lives the AT&T vision -which means (s)he supports and coaches their reps to make them successful - but some just use fear to threaten you and do your job - rather than help you and coach you.

Also - quit doing 3-4 different launches at once. iPhone 5 - then OM - then ISIS - holy crap people.

Take a look at yourselves. Unless you're part of the clique as a manager you're still treated second rate. As we speak I'm pretty sure my boss is trying to be forced out because they just don't want him there - Sad thing is - his entire staff loves him - and he and the other assistants are the ones who drives the sales

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

The whole landscape is dominated by an adversarial corporate culture.

Current Employee - Digital Technician in Muscle Shoals, AL
    Current Employee - Digital Technician in Muscle Shoals, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Almost all the jobs are overpaid in comparison to the local non-monopolistic, non-union economies. Benefits have diminished over the years but they're still competitive.

Cons

Excellence is punished. There is no such thing as "Total Quality" or "Team Concept". The best you can hope for is to play the game well enough to keep from getting in trouble.

Study management and dump Six Sigma and ESM.

Walk in the door stupid because you will be treated that way.

Current Employee - Facility Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Facility Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good not the best, benefits are better than a lot of places, but they are changing not for the better every year

Cons

Micromanaged by bean counters far removed from the actual job they lord over as experts in the field. Upper management gives no flexibility or decision making authority to front line managers or technicians. It is a zero tolerance environment for any one trying to improve our customers experience unless you use their check list. You feel like a robot reading off everything they require you to say to every customer weather it applies or not. And this a real turn off when you are face to face with a dissatisfied customer.

Your numbers are a joke. You have created a system in which we as employees are more interested in meeting the numbers that someone puled from their lower torso than doing what we know needs to be done to keep the customer. Listen to the people on the ground instead of the people who will tell the emperor that his clothes look great. You can't measure a loyal customer that establishes a relationship with a company employee with bogus numbers. This is often said at our office (One of these days we are going to have perfect numbers and no customers.)

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T