There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Experience the wonders of awful leadership

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent, pay is rather median for the industry, and discounts on UVerse and cell phone service are obviously a plus

Cons

Leadership is so beyond out of touch that at times it's laughable. Level 3 management and above know nothing about the front line work life as they're generally busy shopping on the internet during the work day. Initiatives to improve customer service are hilarious when AT&T applauds itself and is rated dead last in service by almost every major third party surveyor.

If you want customers to be happy, make sure your employees are happy first. Also throw out NPS ratings as it is only around to ensure undeserved bonuses.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good job until we were outsourced

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Fairhaven, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Fairhaven, MA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay
    Great benefits
    Decent vacation time
    Union representation

Cons

Work day monitored down to the second
    Company focus on quantity rather than quality care
    Pay raises based on seniority rather than performance
    Management slow to change with the times

Listen to employees who are on the front lines of the business and have daily contact with your customer base.

2. Not a good place to work considering you spend more time working than at home with your loved ones

Former Employee - Sales in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Macon, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and decent benefits

Cons

Behind in technology and they do not care about their employees or customers the way Southern Bell and BellSouth ( whom I worked for before the most recent "buy back") did. Instead of moving forward with the buyout of BellSouth to update their systems, They reverted back to their old stuff and behind way of thinking.....You are just another number not a "person" in their eyes.... I worked for BellSouth many years and felt like we were a "Family"...This is how it was when I left ....HOPEFULLY things have gotten better but wasn't looking good at the time in 2010. At that time they had gotten rid of all the BellSouth top managers or they were on their way out the door...those managers/senior Management were GREAT and so they had to go! :(

Care for employees and customers as if they are your own family.....A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
    Henry Ford