AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Good entry-level sales opportunity....just don't expect to make it a career

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Bloomington, IL
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Bloomington, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and compensation are really the only reason why I would recommend working for at&t. 401K, pension, tuition reimbursement, health insurance, and paid time off were all exemplary for such a low-level position.

Cons

Do not expect to be promoted into a non-retail sales channel position. The company has a very short-sighted view of customers; pushing to increase revenue per customer as opposed to retaining the customers that we currently had. Also expect to be measured on every possible metric as management keep subordinates under a microscope.

5887 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

AT&T was a great company to work for

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AT&T was a great company to work for. The training was the best in the industry and working for a company with history and prestige in the industry has done very well for my resume.

Cons

It can be difficult working for a large corporation and you can feel like a very small fish in a very big ocean. Also, the policies are all set by corporate offices and there is not a lot of room for blazing your own path.

It was great Working For Them

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Ramon, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A great company with oppertunities for advancement. The local management team would work with you to assist you in achieving your goals and try to get you promoted to either a management job or a higher paying job.

Cons

The attendance policy and the lack of wiggle room in that policy is about the only complaint I have ever had with this company.

Treat your non-managment employees with respect and according to their contracts and you wont have any issues.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T