There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Cool things going on, but Big bureaucracy

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for sure. People respect your boundaries. Scalability and the concept of one are very important. They have done amazing work, and there are very talented people here.

Cons

personal politics can get in the way, but if you are good at that game, you will go far. It can take forever to gt anything unusual done. You have to sit through lots of meetings/conference calls. No perks at the office, this aint no start up. Industry is changing, profits are shrinking.

Advice to Management

It is hard to steer a battleship...

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun to interact with people. rewarded for hardwork. great benefits in every area.

Cons

normal sales pressure but nothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

follow a system and stay the course

AT&T is not a great place to work anymore.

Current Employee - OSP in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - OSP in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary for people that have been there for more than 10 years. Pension for us but not new hires.

Cons

This company makes billions of dollars in profit yet treats it employees like it is broke and it all comes crashing down to the bottom. Making a big mistake not promoting from within the company. No opportunity to move up in the company. Does not hold people or departments liable for bad work which is rampant. Customer care is at an all time low. If you have a degree you have a job even if you have no knowledge of the field they put you in. But, will not promote someone already employed who have years of knowledge of the job and would be a much better employee for that position. Not a very good and happy environment anymore. Most people with 20-30 years can't wait to leave. Upper management is so out of touch with it's employees it is scary. All we hear everyday is numbers, numbers, numbers. We are made to stand up by a board in the morning and talk about yesterdays numbers and listen to rah rah rah jargon. It is demeaning and ridiculous. It is reminiscent of Romper Room. I am a 50 year old man with 25 years experience not 12 years old. There is a clear voice at AT&T and that is out with the old experience and in with the new inexperienced college kids that are being taken advantage of with underpaying jobs because they don't have much choice.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee. Soon all the great knowledge held by employees will be gone and AT&T will be left with nothing but bean counters !!!!!! I can't wait to see them keep that network humming along.