There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Solid - but not much growth

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

benefits are competitive
improving opportunities to learn more about the business through internal programs

Cons

nearly impossible to move upwards
out of touch with competitive salary compensation
still strangled by unions

reviews filtered by

displaced splicer

Former Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

pay benefits..helping customers..working out side

Cons

lower level management who have all the power of God over their workers and none of the restraint..If a manager likes you , then you can get away with anything, tardy, lazy, useless, poor work ethics, absence....but if any manager does not like you, for any reason, they can make your work experience a living hell..I had a manager who dd not like me, wait for my manager to go on vacation before she came after me for minor non work affecting issues..I had a pair of drumsticks on my desk and was using a wireless head set....the drum sticks were later deemed a weapon..i was allowed to continue use of my personal wireless headset.. I also had a manager interfere with my FMLA which led to it being denied because I was still under Disability when he filed it, without telling me and when I attempted to file, I was told the time period could not be extended, and it led to me being put on disciplinary steps for attendance, yet other employees who missed work were not..(..These managers actions led to me being unavailable to transfer back to my desired job title..I was forced into the job title and the foolishness of the department made it nearly impossible to provide a level of customer service I could be proud of.) ..there is no rule for following guidelines..it is up to managements opinion..these and many more issues led to my resigning from this company..(yes I can prove these claims)

Advice to Management

realize that employees are not "Toys" and it is their life and happiness you are "toying" with

2. Good Pay, Great Benefits - Management Is Constantly Riding you About Sales Performance

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company pays you well for what you do and has great benefits.

Cons

Management is constantly on your case about meeting sales goals. They change their focus on what you have to sell every week. One day you HAVE TO sell accessories, the next day you HAVE TO sell TV services. It is stressful.

Advice to Management

Quit riding the employees and be a little more laid back so we can serve the customers better.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T