AT&T

www.att.com

I used to have a life, but now I have AT&T

Store Manager (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsPay is great for retail...if you hit your goals, which are constantly changing.
Benefits are pretty good (though better for union employees).
Technology is ever changing and it's fun to be on the frontline of that world.

ConsPay structure is constantly changing. No incentive to to excel past your goals. No incentive to get promoted. Exceed your goals too much and they grow beyond your reach, get promoted and no longer get paid for the hours worked.
Once you hit salary you will barely get raises that match with cost of living.
Don't expect to get out of retail unless you're willing to relocate.
Management is focused on degrees now and you won't move up without one. They're hiring right out of college people with little to no experience just because "they have a degree" and those people are failing terribly. "But they have a degree!!"
Upper management is focused on stock holders and not frontline employees.
Hours are MISERABLE! National schedule for management is 50 hrs per week and they did not increase the pay from the 40hr week salary.
Constantly yelling at you to push initiatives that do not pay (paperless billing, accessory sales, pay kiosk usage).
Management is stagnant and if you're in a small region you'll always be stuck working for a fat ignorant slob who has no idea what he's doing.
Work life balance is non-existent.
Sadly, I'd still recommend it because how else can you make this much money in retail?

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend ONE FULL day actually working in a retail store before you tell us how to run it.
Train your employees on what the other departments can ACTUALLY do.
Pay attention when all your management team begins to quit. Think about it, why would people without degrees who make 55k-75k just leave a job??? Because they haven't seen their families in years and they're sick of being boss around by a bunch of out of touch buffoons.

It has been a roller-coaster ride.

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The benefits provided are ok. You get a modest discount… Cons: It is just too big of a company. You become… Advice to Senior Management: Improve the work/life balance. Senior management should follow through… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Dead End Department

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits + Pension! Great starting pay for bargained employees ($13… Cons: Poor hiring practices have given Orlando Customer Care a nasty reputation throughout the ATT Organization. If you are hired there you will virtually never… Advice to Senior Management: Clean out the legacy blue managers and representatives or just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!