There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Fantastic people, pay and benefits.

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Invested in your training and growth opportunities.

Cons

Some departmental decisions can take a long time to push through the upper channels.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Happy employees equal happy customers.

Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  1. 2 people found this helpful

    Still in the Dark Ages

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager

    I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

    Pros

    You will never get fired. Job security is great as the company rewards loyalty, not performance. If you are single, don't mind moving all over the country as your only promotion opportunity, don't mind spending most of your life in Texas, and you are very good at networking and kissing up to the executives, then you will fare well. If you live in a low cost of living state, the compensation is fairly good.

    Cons

    AT&T rewards who you know, not what you know. I've been told this face to face by more than one executive as I've had to turn down job opportunities that would have forced me to uproot my family. The company is extraordinarily not emergent in regards to modern workplace practices. The compensation is terrible if you live in a high cost of living area. Promotions are based on who your 'godfather' is, and absolutely not based on results or the bottom line revenue that you've brought in. I've had 5 supervisors, and not one of them has spent 5 minutes beyond the required time, to proactively help me with my career. Expectations are very low on performance. If you are looking for a challenge, don't work at AT&T. 90% the employees are stagnant and apathetic, and the remaining 10% are in it for themselves only. True intellectual, creative or innovative thought is not harnessed or appreciated. Although the company is huge, job movement or growth is minimal or non-existent (unless you have a godfather). Group think runs rampant, and lack of appreciation for new ideas or ways to take care of the customer are minimal. Support organizations, from my personal experience this includes legal, marcomm, tech support, and product teams) make it impossible to get anything done as you have to email three times to get a response, and then they only respond when you cc' their supervisor or an executive. This is the slowest moving, backwards, and stodgy company I've every worked for.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
  2. Fun place to work

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint John, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint John, IN

    I worked at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

    Pros

    The people I worked with were awesome. it was a nice environment.

    Cons

    Commission compensation could be better.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Not available in Authorized Retailer

    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Work at AT&T? Share Your Experiences

AT&T

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.