Life long employee

Pros

Great benefits and good pay

Cons

You can be out the door to make the profits for the quarter

Advice to Management

Take a look at your own bonus and see if rather than dropping the customer service another level you could drop you outrageous bonus and benefit the customer and the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. Stable

Current Employee - Senior Contract Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Contract Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

The work can be very challenging and interesting. There is a professional culture. There are lots of resources with many years of experience who are willing to help. The position seems stable since there are very few layoffs for this position.

Cons

Internal job changes can be difficult. There is a very small chance of promotion. The senior management is extremely political and hierarchal. Annual raises are historically very small.

2. It is fun for the first year.....

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at AT&T part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay. I got this job at 19 and it was my first "real" part-time job. I worked there for about 3 and a half years and by the time i quit i was making over $16 an hour, just to stand there. I guess the only other pro was that i worked in a college town so i got to meet a bunch of people my age, got a lot of free drinks at the bars and met my girlfriend. So basically, pay buttt

Cons

commission plan. It changes every year, for the worse. good management is hard to come by ever changing quotas... they wanted me to add $50 in features and $100 in accessories to every phone sale. promote deceptive sales practices Promote people who take advantage of said practices poor work life balance.... part-time working 35+ hours a week while taking college courses