There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A very long time ago, but great job with excellent benefits. I really enjoyed my time there, in several different cities. Learned a lot, due to their great training program.

Cons

A whole different company now; I worked there a very long time ago when they were "the Bell system". So I can't really say.

Advice to Management

none

reviews filtered by
  1. Good pay, good coworkers, strict rules, risk-taking not advised

Former Employee - Infrastructure Software Licensing Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good hourly pay, mostly amiable company managers

Cons

Placing blame is normal at AT&T, and backing from managers, especially for contractors, is uncertain

Advice to Management

When hiring contractors make clearer statements regarding your contractors' boundaries. Most/all contractors want to do well by their employers which means that the better ones among us will go above and beyond at our own volition; if that's not what you want, say so. If it is what you want, be prepared to back our decisions and/or to assist and advise when problems develop.

2. Horribly Unethical Company if You're an Engineer

Current Employee - Engineer V in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer V in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- There are a lot of good, hard-working people who also hate their jobs
    - They're lenient about working from home

Cons

- Terrible pay. If you're hired through another company being acquired, they won't raise your pay to match your colleagues and you'll make less than half of your team's average pay while being expected to do the same work
    - Awful management. Managers will lie and spread gossip that your education credentials are false.
    - Hostile environment. People will yell, scream, and insult you on a daily basis.
    - No job growth. The company refuses to pay for any kind of industry standard training and you max out your career path quickly.
    - Bad work life balance. 60 hour weeks are the expected norm.

Advice to Management

Equal pay for equal work.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T