There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Good pay, good coworkers, strict rules, risk-taking not advised

Former Employee - Infrastructure Software Licensing Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hourly pay, mostly amiable company managers

Cons

Placing blame is normal at AT&T, and backing from managers, especially for contractors, is uncertain

Advice to Management

When hiring contractors make clearer statements regarding your contractors' boundaries. Most/all contractors want to do well by their employers which means that the better ones among us will go above and beyond at our own volition; if that's not what you want, say so. If it is what you want, be prepared to back our decisions and/or to assist and advise when problems develop.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

Working in GNO has its pros and cons

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent and talented coworkers. The management has been friendly and very supportive throught my 3 yrs here.

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy. When stuff goes wrong, everyone is easy to point fingers. Followup resolutions to problems or outages are poor; the response is usually to add more 'steps/checks' to a process, basically absolving all future wrong by the person/org making the decree; essentially, it's an "I told warned you already so we aren't responsible" attitude to problem resolution by many orgs.

Advice to Management

Cut bureaucracy, use better technology tools to increase efficiency. Some of our time/ticket tracking websites have Web 0.1-Beta interfaces and it's just sad. Also, a knowledge base of past issues and current/live network architecture would be nice.

2. Retail Sales Consultant

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Livermore, CA

I have been working at AT&T part-time (More than a year)

Pros

GREAT! Nothing to complain so far

Cons

Nothing thus far. So far its been great