AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Working at At&t is good

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at AT&T as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Learning curve will be good

Cons

first, salary is less. No proper insight.

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Dead end Job

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, new equipment to play with, paid training.

Cons

Schedule, Not much in the way of working your way up, Unrealistic Operational Duties, Inexperience Managers hired right out of college with absolutely no people skills or work ethics.

Work on motivating your employees with positive inforcement instead of write ups, documentation every two seconds, the so called coaching you have in place does not work, just look at how fast you are losing employees, be human, your scheduling is a mess and your employees absolutely hate it! Of course unless they have seniority then it is all one sided scheduling by the way that is also considered discrimination in this country, so I'm sure that will catch up to at&t soon.

Worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Sales Support Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Support Representative

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paid me enough to pay my bills, and had a 401k option. Decent discount on accessories.

Cons

Where do I start? From my first day I wasn't welcomed because they had a 3 month trial period for the new employees to see if we could make it. They purposely had parties and went out to lunches and wouldn't invite me. I found out after I "made it" that they do that to all new employees.
    Because it was a union, I got the worst shifts with no exceptions until the next SSR came through the store. Working 11-8 or 12-9 every single day with Wednesdays and Thursdays off is pretty miserable if there's no other shift to have. Having one Saturday or Sunday off was nearly impossible.
    Now I don't even want to get started with the management. Talk about micro-management, that's an understatement. Telling us where to stand every single minute of our shifts, and insisting that we stand "in the box" when there's no customers in the store. Being asked 10 questions before we were allowed to use the bathroom? Constantly being told everyday I wasn't good enough and that my college degree didn't matter. I was told to stay with AT&T because I would never have a better job in my life. College degrees to them are jokes and there's nothing better out there because AT&T has it all.
    It was just a constant struggle every single day. I never felt comfortable with my colleagues, and the management was miserable. They never gave us any responsibility, and if they did then they would find the one small thing that we did wrong out of the 10 things we did right. God-forbid you have a god idea and implement it - the managers will take all credit and never mention your name. And then they'll go behind closed doors and say what a terrible idea it is, even if it was noted by senior management.
    Look, some people liked it there because they didn't mind the senior management telling them what to do and where to stand, but I personally was beaten emotionally. I would go home and cry half the time because I was never treated as a human being. When I finally got a job and started elsewhere, in a corporation that treats me and their employees well, it took me a couple of months to get back to normal. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone in the world. It was possibly the worst decision I ever made for myself. I would never recommend this company to anyone, even if they are unemployed. The money wasn't worth it for a second. For the rest of my life I will urge people to look for a job anywhere but AT&T. And mind you, this review is barely expressing my feelings toward that hellish place.
    Nonklsj

Stop micro-managing and worry about the job at hand. Focusing on where to stand is unproductive. Why don't you worry about the customer's experience instead of babysitting your employees. Also, just because your title is "assistant manager" doesn't mean that you're a better person that everyone else. Manager isn't that big of a deal and stop trying to make the people that report to you kiss your feet. You're nothing special.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T