AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Stay Away Form Atlant AT&T Offfices

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great worker Bees not so many long timers

Cons

If you're not inthe "club" forget

So how amny more you gonna cut this time????

6471 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

A company bent on killing traditional landline to reduce costs, raise profits, and shed employees.

Current Employee - Outside Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Outside Technician in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The day passes quickly; the work is constant, challenging, and often educational. Interaction with customers who have sometimes spent hours with largely automated call centers to obtain a repair builds an excellent skill set for defusing hostility. The company does train- but it may be months or years before you actually get to apply the knowledge- at which point perfection is expected.

Cons

Rules change daily as pressures on the field management team shift without warning, making the development of any false sense of security or stability extremely dangerous. Few (if any) of our first line managers met their goals of ever-higher productivity targets last year, and as a consequence, they did not receive any bonus. At present, the emphasis is off safety and quality, and back on productivity. Employees are closely monitored by several technologies. Benefits are parsimonious at best, and lessen yearly. Work schedules are unpredictable and disrespectful of the needs of families and friends for socialization. Expect to work as many as ten days straight with no day off, and at least one day of half your weekends each month. You do receive days off to compensate- but generally not in sequence. The work is hard, making domestic chores more difficult and less rewarding.

You could inspire better employee performance (and better customer retention) with loyalty, teamwork, and gratitude than with the current treachery, micromanagement, and shameless exploitation. Corporate goals would appear to be more about short term profit than lasting survival, threatening both an enduring legacy and the security of your retirees.

Pressure Cooker

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Access to technology and free phone with plan

Cons

So much pressure that I want to quit on a daily basis. Constantly being told I should be eternally grateful for my job, salary, and benefits that I am not worthy of in the first place.

Have a servants heart to your employees rather than the other way around. More opportunities for advancement and be grateful for work put in.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T