AT&T

www.att.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Not your grandparents phone company anymore.

Current Employee - Manager in DFW, TX
Current Employee - Manager in DFW, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are still decent even though it may be at the cost of overall salary. Time off (vacation and personal days) are still among the best I am aware of.

Cons

Pay for lower level managers is stagnant. For those that manage union bargained employees its quite possible to have employees under your supervision who make close to if not more but work only 40 hours a week while the typical manager works 50+ hours a week.

Don't forget about the front line managers. Salaries may be in line with similar job titles in other companies but these are not always true comparisons. There is a difference between call centers and technical call centers.

6744 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

They gave me a job when I needed one, management gives me advice on how to move up.

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Decent health care, dental, and vision insurance. Choice to be union or not. Full time hours. Great vacation time and personal days.

Cons

Shifts can change monthly. A little on the lower side for pay for the work that we do. Micro-managed a lot.

Listen to your employees. We know what we're talking about with what works and doesn't work for our customers.

a great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

can, if you are patient, adjust to unusual situations - make the job work for you rather than you working against the job. Overall, I found that AT&T responded well to my work related needs. Very satisfied with my experience.

Cons

Too many goals and guidelines to allow quick response to smaller group needs

Streamline the management structure and find ways to have more control over your immediate areas of responsibility

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T