AT&T

www.att.com

Great sales opportunities with good advancement options as long as you perform

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advancement opportunities within all sorts of departments
Great sales roles with option to make a very good relative paycheck

Cons

Competitveness is key to advancing, and employees are very motivated to move up
Networking seems to help to a degree more than desire to do well in the position

Really focus hard to pick candidates that have a desire to do well, not just experience

Other Reviews for AT&T

Work-life balance with medium/low opportunities for growth

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Like many large organizations, high caliber individuals exist within the organization, however, this varies wildly from group to group. It is important you have a chance to speak with the individuals with whom you'll be working. While I was there, at least, the educational subsidies from AT&T helped me through college.

Cons

Opportunities for professional advancement may be slow, particularly within the IT groups given a rather flat hierarchy. In addition, it doesn't take more than one or two low caliber individuals in positions of importance to decrease your own efficiency.

Obtain better visibility into your employees professional goals and leverage those into a more comprehensive career path for high caliber individuals.

They gave me a job when I needed one, management gives me advice on how to move up.

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Decent health care, dental, and vision insurance. Choice to be union or not. Full time hours. Great vacation time and personal days.

Cons

Shifts can change monthly. A little on the lower side for pay for the work that we do. Micro-managed a lot.

Listen to your employees. We know what we're talking about with what works and doesn't work for our customers.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!