Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative
Current Employee - Sales Support Representative

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay. Benefits. Perks. Environment. Coworkers. Experience. Career advancement. Hours. Schedule. Overtime. Lots of knowledge gained and lots of fun and exciting events. Numbers are important but if you have numbers and personality the world is yours. Lots of vacation. Union.

Cons

Numbers based. Can work a lot during busy seasons. Union. Training a lot. Sometimes get mixed information from different sources. Can be stressful. Lots of changes. Communicating with different branches of company can be difficult. But speaking to management is very easy.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and working with your employees. I love the flow of information and the ability to feel equal with everyone. I wish management could assist more in career advancement questions.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. Principal IA

Former Employee - Principal IA in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Principal IA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Competitive Pay.

Cons

Still in waterfall workflow. Difficult to advance or become full-time with limit head count restrictions. Conversion from a contract position to full-time might require a significant pay cut.

2. Work-life balance with medium/low opportunities for growth

Pros

Like many large organizations, high caliber individuals exist within the organization, however, this varies wildly from group to group. It is important you have a chance to speak with the individuals with whom you'll be working. While I was there, at least, the educational subsidies from AT&T helped me through college.

Cons

Opportunities for professional advancement may be slow, particularly within the IT groups given a rather flat hierarchy. In addition, it doesn't take more than one or two low caliber individuals in positions of importance to decrease your own efficiency.

Advice to Management

Obtain better visibility into your employees professional goals and leverage those into a more comprehensive career path for high caliber individuals.