AT&T

High Anxiety

Current Employee - Technician  in  Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Technician in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Additional pay via OT and out of tour pay

Cons

nit picking from management over the silliest things

none

5653 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Solid place to work but a true bureaucratic factory

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good job stability and challenging environment

Cons

Health care options are bad
    IT lacks innovation and is a factory driven

Not a place that will attract talent.

Great in the beginning of my career, disgusted the last 5.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cost of Living Raises and Incentive Bonus's 1) Company as a whole and 2) as a department (like Marketing) on how well they did on meeting their goals.

Cons

Nepotism, management is subjection in their rating of managers for appraisals and pay raises and bonus's.

Management has many employees and the work is intended to be more than one can do. As a result, they take hearsay information to rate you on your quarterly appraisals. Management due to technical forms, have changed data (for the worse) on appraisals after the employee has already signed. Then, there is upper management protection. The supervisor denied copies of the appraisal so it was very easy for them to go in and change. Supervisors do not observe you and they do not ask your customers their opinion of your work. AT&T as a whole deny good customer service to our customers (and internal customers, too). It is a known fact AT&T has gotten rid of experienced management employees to hire 2 to 3 "off the street" for low pay and no benefits. The bottom dollar and the stock is all that matters. It is very sad, because I was always proud of giving great customer service and then the rules changed. Besides my salary, another reason I was laid off is because I spent too much time with customers giving them quality service. Top management protects middle management when there has been reported sexual harassment and ethnic harassment. Union employees get better benefit packages, because top management knows they can "make up their loss" with management employees. It is not an advantage to be in management. Most first level managers are sorry they left the Union or Union employees will not leave the Union. ETC.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!