AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Good pay, management is always on your back , crazy high goals , less pay every year.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay. Good discount, fun coworks.

Cons

Retail hours. Rediculous expectations of what we should sell. Reps have little or no say in how their job is done. Selling on iPads with Opus Mobile? Hello slows us down... Makes customers wait longer. There went my WTR score , makes the sellers look bad because the question was about att service. No chance to move from a level 0 rep, to a 1B job in corporate. Unless you're friends with someone. Want to be an assistant store manager? Have 6+ months straight of great numbers in the flavor of the week products, and show them you can drink the Koolaid.

Switch us back to pcs to sell on, we're faster and more efficient, (customers like that )
Stop having us focus in selling 10 things, oh and now digital life, we didn't have enough to sell already. Stop paying us less each year when we sell more and more. Look what happened to Circuit City when their good people left...

6252 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Horribly Unethical Company if You're an Engineer

Current Employee - Engineer V in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer V in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- There are a lot of good, hard-working people who also hate their jobs
    - They're lenient about working from home

Cons

- Terrible pay. If you're hired through another company being acquired, they won't raise your pay to match your colleagues and you'll make less than half of your team's average pay while being expected to do the same work
    - Awful management. Managers will lie and spread gossip that your education credentials are false.
    - Hostile environment. People will yell, scream, and insult you on a daily basis.
    - No job growth. The company refuses to pay for any kind of industry standard training and you max out your career path quickly.
    - Bad work life balance. 60 hour weeks are the expected norm.

Equal pay for equal work.

Not great if you value family time and job security

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not hard to learn the new technology with training provided.
    Always new low-level jobs opening (sales reps and assistant manager roles) thanks to high turn over

Cons

Each area is managed differently so I can't speak to the entire company, but this is feedback from the eastern PA area.

The benefits are AWFUL! II have to apply for financial aid through the hospital because of the awful insurance plan we have. They're talking about taking it away all together, which is shameful for a big business.
    The compensation plan is being redone and goals are raising again, making it a lot harder to earn more than an hourly paycheck
    Forced overtime. Managers must work at least 50 hour work weeks and rarely get lunch breaks
    Treated like absolute garbage from some upper management. Absolutely no respect from some "superiors" who constantly love telling you that you'll get fired for stupid little things or "you suck" (not making this stuff up!)
    Management is constantly required to do observations, leading to expectations of write ups and terminations. They do not like long tenure because long-time employees remember how well they were treated professionally and compensation wise in the past. And since this industry always changes (not usually for the better of employees), you won't survive long.
    Some sales reps hired are very professional...others have a very juvenile mentality and bring down the atmosphere for the rest. Not a professional place to work, at least in the store environment.

Please recheck your upper-level management in the PHI market. Start looking into why engagement scores are so low. Some people with the same role in this company are happy and encouraged to try new things and do their best. My area is encouraged to treat it like its a war zone and we're heading into battle. It gets very exhausting and there's only so hard you can push people.
     Also, please use a better health insurance company such as blue cross blue shield like your competition does. United health care with an $8500 deductible is very hard to handle when you have a mortgage, children, and a comp plan that keeps dropping.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T