AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Got hired as Premises Technician, Paid training, Within 1 year they can terminate you for anything without warning.

Former Employee - Premesis Technician in West Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Premesis Technician in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For Outside Plant Technician or Splicer it's a great Job and great pay. Usually working outdoors, Good retirement. Paid 95% of health benefits if you go with Kaiser

Cons

The Premises Technician position is a in home service that pays way less than a linemen or splicer and you can be terminated without warning for anything within 1 year.

Bring the Premises position up to par with similar positions. Like maybe I/R tech

6233 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Retail Sales

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, Medical insurance that's about it.......

Cons

You're expected to be a machine, no such thing as work/life balance, more work and NO LIFE.
    Managers are trained to not work with you & most of them want to make a name for themselves and in doing so they will not hesitate to throw you under the bus. The union is no help AT&T always uses the "NEEDS OF BUSINESS" excuse to get over on the union. The company continues to add products and services for you to sale to one customer and the compensation (commission) does NOT outweigh everything that has to be presented per transaction.

A HAPPY employee is a very PRODUCTIVE employee!

Good pay, management is always on your back , crazy high goals , less pay every year.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay. Good discount, fun coworks.

Cons

Retail hours. Rediculous expectations of what we should sell. Reps have little or no say in how their job is done. Selling on iPads with Opus Mobile? Hello slows us down... Makes customers wait longer. There went my WTR score , makes the sellers look bad because the question was about att service. No chance to move from a level 0 rep, to a 1B job in corporate. Unless you're friends with someone. Want to be an assistant store manager? Have 6+ months straight of great numbers in the flavor of the week products, and show them you can drink the Koolaid.

Switch us back to pcs to sell on, we're faster and more efficient, (customers like that )
    Stop having us focus in selling 10 things, oh and now digital life, we didn't have enough to sell already. Stop paying us less each year when we sell more and more. Look what happened to Circuit City when their good people left...

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T