AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

You get out of it what you put into it.

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Technical Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable working environment. You get out of it what you put into it. You are given the freedom to work on items that interest you.

Cons

It is a large company. There are some employees that have difficulties understanding simple concepts. These employees will use the company's processes to avoid having to show any creativity.

6506 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

If your desperate for a job. Take it, if they offer.

Current Employee - Premise - Wire Technician in Miami Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Premise - Wire Technician in Miami Gardens, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Having a job, when unemployed.
    They love hiring the hard core welfare group people that they get tax credits for. SO, you get to work with some colorful and unmotivated people that just got off some government program.

Interesting to watch them punch a manager or two when they get publicly stripped of their uniforms, badge and keys and carried out of the gate in front of the crew.

Most get fired for complaining about the HR violations or just not kissing up to the managers.

The biggest PRO is just doing this because you are desperate for work and don't want to work at McDonalds.

Cons

Hostile managers, impossible metrics. constant inspections and write ups. Everyone is on a constant PIP or Formal discipline action. It is a constant beat down and use of ridicule and embarrassment for keeping the troops in line. Like being hazed everyday, every quarter and every year. Hours can be 14 a day, 7 days a week up to 14 days straight. Managers will cheat you on your hours by re-doing your time sheet in order to keep the efficiency metrics up.
    Typical to work 12 hours and get paid for 9 or 10. The managers get called on it, but only the employee gets terminated for other cause if they make a stink. The manager gets transferred.
    You never know what time you'll get off from work at the needs of the company. your days off are cancelled with12 hour notice. Kiss your family or social life good bye.
    Anyone gets hurt, it's the injured person fault 100% of the time and your fired for reporting a splinter or not reporting it will get you fired. a No Win situation.

You cannot request time off for doctors, dentist or family events. again you get one day off every 12 hour a day, 14 day stretch.

They like to rotate people and bring in fresh bodies every 6-12 months. Burn out rate of off the chart.

I have made it 3 years and if I had time to go on an interview I'd be gone.

The lower managers are just overworked former tech's that think they are moving up and work more hours for less pay. Mangers work 60-70 hours per week and if calculated on a hourly basis their pay is $10.00 an hour. I have seen many tech's promoted to manager and in less than a month ask to return to being a technician. The managers are glorified monkeys with a manager title and a salary so they can get paid less for more work. So they take it out on their former coworkers with the power madness.

Can't give advice to a manager. YOU get fired.

My Experince here At At&t Has been a learning and helpful one.

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Gave me the some tools to use ...

Cons

MY Pay Isnt able to keep me coming to work

Great Job