AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

An excellent stepping-stone, that the quicker you show your value, the faster you climb the ladder.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

*One of the most paid-time off offered in any company of this position and level in the country.
*Great team environment that is constantly improving, and trying new things.
*Paid training with one of the fastest callback for interview- to first paycheck times of any entry-level position.
*There is a resource for every challenge you will encounter and as long as you are willing to ask, you will be able to solve them at every turn.

Cons

-The work/life balance problem in this field can be resolved with a hybrid of telecommunication and office work.
-The company is large, so it takes time for any small changes to happen.
- The willingness to stay with the company is to much depended on how well you get along with the team. Poor co-workers can suck any enjoyment you have from your work.
-High volume, high stress environment that, if succumbed, can lead to a roller-coaster of emotion, so never take things personally.

*Do a better job at listening to your subordinates, you will better able to decipher if the problem is immediate or if it will take time to correct. If it is with another employee, handle it immediately.

*Add a better sense of humanity with regard to the attendance policy, handle each problem on a case by case bases.

*Roll out a plan that gives telecommunication opportunities to your call center employees.

5933 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Awesome entry level job

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Glendale, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This career has many pros. Starting with great pay and a wonderful benefit package. I also enjoy the excellent work environment and meeting new people. The management takes care of their employees and coach them to hit their goals. I love the fact that I get to learn about new devices before they hit the market. This is the best career choice I have made, the management really makes selling fun for our team and I.

Cons

No matter what career you choose, there are always going to be a few cons. Being a Retail Sales Consultant, we are required to sale. Although most of the goals are not too hard to hit, the hardest metric to hit is selling accessories. Living in the Los Angeles area it his hard to compete with down town prices on cases, etc. You are required to sell at least $80 per cell phone that leaves the store. It is not impossible, but it is really hard to do. Also Willing To Recommend(WTR) metric is another hard metric to hit. That is based on the customers experience with the representative and the willingness to recommend At&t to others. I feel this is sometimes in accurate, due to the fact a customer can put a 1 out of 10 just because he/she feels like it.

Going along with the accessories, I would like to see more cases, etc. that are more appealing to a customers point of view. And make sure that our inventory is stocked at all times. It is hard to sale a case, especially one that you recommend a customer purchase, but we dont have it in stock. Other than that, keep up the great work and lets continue to grow our company. I love working for this company and am glad to be a part of such a great company.

Overall Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Director in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Redmond, WA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits package and lots of opportunity for growth; fantastic co-workers. Dynamic products that are fun to work with.

Cons

Slow in embracing the virtual employee, most work groups require full time in office.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T