There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

A supertanker - big, strong, and stable, but hard to change course or do something new

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable and secure; layoffs unlikely Good work/life balance Able to work on projects that impact literally millions of customers

Cons

too much process and bureaucracy; takes a long time to get things done; poor facilities

Advice to Management

We still operate like a landline company in the 80s. Eliminate unnecessary processes and bureaucracy. We are competing with companies providing OTP services that are much more agile. We must change how we operate or risk becoming a dumb pipe.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I worked in a call center environment and unfortunately due to employee abuse it became a stressful place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent here. If you are a non management employee you have a union that has negotiated good salaries, vacations and benefits.

Cons

Every call is monitored and if you are not using the exact verbiage that they want to use it is counted against you in your evaluations. They are very strict on attendance and not flexible if time is not available. Even in emergency situations

Advice to Management

Be more caring toward your employees.

Big Brother Is Watching

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck. Incredibly, I had a nice boss.

Cons

The hours are all over the place and generally SUCK. You must be on time to the minute for breaks, lunch and clocking in. If you are late by 1 minute 8 times in one year, you are fired. Every single call is recorded, you are graded on several of them a month. As soon as you get it down pat, they move the goal posts. When I joined you didn't have to sell anything, it became a requirement by the time I left.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your behinds, please. Actually give half a darn for your customers and your employees and it might be a company worth working for again. Right now, heck no I wouldn't work there.