AT&T

www.att.com

Good Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Job Stability, Lure of working with a Fortune 100 company. Good Leadership, Competitive compensation. Good Peer groups. Learning Opportunity.

Cons

Bureaucracy, It is not easy to advance your career, Lots of processes which hinders your freedom and make work tougher .

Do something for the bureaucracy or it may fall flat at your face, May be it is working because other competitors are also facing the same issues.

Other reviews for AT&T

I have a job, an iphone, health insurance, and a appreciative client base.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD

Pros

great for networking, health benefits decent, one phone bill less, and I feel I am good at what I do.

Cons

they eat their young. at this point we feel very overworked and very underpaid. a company which used to reward and praise now leads with negativity and threats. they seem to have no concern at this point for the morale of their employees

if you want the company to present a good image to your public you should think about burning the employees whom deal with the public

Not what it used to be.

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

I can still work as hard as I want and as many hours. I do get quite a bit of vacation.

Cons

I started with SWB Wireless over 10 years ago. It was fast moving but you were treated well and compensated according to your accomplishments. The bureaucracy has turned this company into a huge slow moving gorilla. Career opportunities have long dried up. The compensation packages for promotions are often insulting. I constantly feel like my company is trying to fleece me. I am constantly squeezed for more and more performance while my reward was a 0% raise last year after they turned a $12B profit during a huge recession.

They need to start managing our company with at least some thought to the employees or you will end up with a gigantic company of unhealthy, unethical employees who will do just enough not to get fired. They need to quit making decisions based on the best sales and marketing and build a solid network and market and sell the quality networks. From an engineering perspective we have too many decisions made based on marketing strategies.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!