AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T is a great company to work for.

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Pay is excellent, training is very helpful, Amazing benifits and compensation!! When I think of AT&T I think MONEY. They take care of their employees.

Cons

2 out of the 4 managers I worked for were actually knowledgeble about products and services, POS transactions etc. The other 2 were basically just "managers" not leaders. They had no experience in actually selling phones, or working on the floor, they just know how to run the store and keep it ticking. (With the help of a highly paid Inventory Manager..)

It would be nice if ALL the managers were on board with what goes on in the store. If need be, they should be fully equiped with how to close a sale, MAKE a sale, and be a leader. There IS a difference in a LEADER and a manager.

6086 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Good pay and benefits at a price

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Good pay- salary + Commission
    Generous Benefit package

Cons

Sales quota is unrealistic. Store was over staffed creating a very competitive atmosphere making it very difficult to obtain your goals. Very clicky environment when it comes to promotions and rewards. Management was easy to get along with and likable but not really involved. Management was only concerned with overall store goals and their paychecks instead of helping individuals obtain their goals. Your days off are picked by a software program that if your manager does not manipulate will give you a frustrating off balance work week.

Try getting involved with your employees one on one and your paycheck will be there! Managers need to be on the floor monitoring whats going on. We are in the middle of a recession.... How about adjusting quotas accordingly. You all claim to care about people but it is just a numbers game to you.....

Money is good, benefits too, stress is very high.

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The pay is very good. If you can hit your numbers you can make a lot of money. The benefits are outstanding. I work for a different company now and when I had to pay more than a 15 copay for a doctors visit I remembered on of the reasons I worked for at&t in the first place. Genarally different group of people to work with. Even if you start with an odd group of people the kind of people that end up at at&t is a divers and interesting bunch.

Cons

Long hours. The schedules are picked by a computer. You have no control over what days, what times, and for how long on those days. Your days off always change. One day you would work 10 hours, the next 8, the day after that only like 4 or 5. Then suddenly you would have a 12 hour day in the mix. No vacation time from november until January.
    The sales goals are ridiculous. I left because I had write ups for absences and not hitting goal. From when I quit in June to now 6 people I worked with have quit. 4 of them were on final written for not hitting goal.
    The stress is just too much. Upper management pushes stupid procedures that hinder your ability to affectly do your job in place of things that make it seem like improvement is happening. Even if you have a good manager you still have to fill out stupid forms and read stupid scripts that try to robotize the sales process.

Stop requiring people to carry around charts showing the sales process. Stop spending so much time trying to control how people sell. People with a natural sales ability lose out because they have to pretend like this stupid piece of paper makes them better sales people when all it really does is make the conversation monotonous. Trying to make everyone ask the same questions every time the same way take out creativity, intellect, and personality which are all vital to sales. It also conveys a certain amount of distrust for that were hired with the assumption that they possessed abilities to accomplish selling.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T