AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T is a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Pay is excellent, training is very helpful, Amazing benifits and compensation!! When I think of AT&T I think MONEY. They take care of their employees.

Cons

2 out of the 4 managers I worked for were actually knowledgeble about products and services, POS transactions etc. The other 2 were basically just "managers" not leaders. They had no experience in actually selling phones, or working on the floor, they just know how to run the store and keep it ticking. (With the help of a highly paid Inventory Manager..)

It would be nice if ALL the managers were on board with what goes on in the store. If need be, they should be fully equiped with how to close a sale, MAKE a sale, and be a leader. There IS a difference in a LEADER and a manager.

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Great compensation for the work we did. Great benefits. Fair management. Very comfortable atmosphere. I had this job with no college degree and made roughly 50k pre-tax part-time.

Cons

The company, at least at retail level, is very focused on quotas. There are quotas for every aspect of the job and though I exceeded the most important quotas monthly it is very difficult to exceed all the quotas every month.

Your store managers know what they are doing. They are much more in touch with their customer base and their employees than your district and regional managers. Give them more freedom to do their job and your stores will perform better.

AT&T pays well, but demands value

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Salary, medical benefits, the company is stable.

Once you are employed there, most stay. In the sales environment, you must meet not only sales objectives, but other measurements like adherence, keeping customers from leaving the company,

Cons

excessive overtime, very hard to move up (if that is what you want)

Immediate management is great, they are constantly bombarded by demands from higher ups on the food chain

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T