There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T is a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

Pros

Pay is excellent, training is very helpful, Amazing benifits and compensation!! When I think of AT&T I think MONEY. They take care of their employees.

Cons

2 out of the 4 managers I worked for were actually knowledgeble about products and services, POS transactions etc. The other 2 were basically just "managers" not leaders. They had no experience in actually selling phones, or working on the floor, they just know how to run the store and keep it ticking. (With the help of a highly paid Inventory Manager..)

Advice to Management

It would be nice if ALL the managers were on board with what goes on in the store. If need be, they should be fully equiped with how to close a sale, MAKE a sale, and be a leader. There IS a difference in a LEADER and a manager.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. The good the bad and the ugly about AT&T

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

Pros

Great pay with previous wireless experience or not to my surprise new hires with less experience had same pay i did. Health Insurance with very affordable co pays and prescription costs. Schedule rotations, compensation benefits, ramp up or free commission for 6 months while you start selling, easy to use software and computer system. In depth 3 week training provided. On going training from different brands like Nokia, Samsung ect. Data Literacy to ensure that everyone selling knows how to use the features on the cell phones and how to educate the customer properly as well.

Cons

Very Strict attendance policy/sick leave policy/ wired services quotas, loop qualification needs to be at 100% otherwise write ups occur. FMLA or Family Medical Leave of Absence not available for new hires with less than one year with company. Wishy washy rules and then when rules change they backtrack and give you points. Pricing on cellphones is high and not able to price match. Seniority Rules so don't even think of going on vacation without some major negotiations

Advice to Management

We need clear and direct rules, not one thing one day and another the next, if someone is ill the company should care and deal with it on a case by case basis.

2. Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Great compensation for the work we did. Great benefits. Fair management. Very comfortable atmosphere. I had this job with no college degree and made roughly 50k pre-tax part-time.

Cons

The company, at least at retail level, is very focused on quotas. There are quotas for every aspect of the job and though I exceeded the most important quotas monthly it is very difficult to exceed all the quotas every month.

Advice to Management

Your store managers know what they are doing. They are much more in touch with their customer base and their employees than your district and regional managers. Give them more freedom to do their job and your stores will perform better.