AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Overbearing, Underpaying, Unfair, Hates its employees

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

5 day work week, union to fight for you, air conditioned and heated workspace. Other non-management employees are nice and interesting.

Cons

We have to request days off 6 weeks in advance and still have to fight to get them. Retail is supposed to have flexable scheduling and this place DOES NOT. If something comes up in our lives, wether its a friends death, or family illness, we get put on attendance disclipline. Managers pretend to have our best interests in mind, but their actions show the opposite. You are CONSTANTLY OBSERVED. . If the manager wants to give you a hard time for whatever reason, they make sure that they notice your mistake and ignore everything that you do right. They want us to push every product on every customer, when NOT every customer needs EVERY product. If youre supposed to offer 10 things, and only offer 9, you get documented and discliplined. The also look for every reason to change the commission structure to pay is less and less.

Fire lower management

5638 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Run away

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative MSS  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative MSS in Austin, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is good for little experience and you can meet some really great people. They're also unionized which, regardless of your stance on unions, you will NEED a union with a company like AT&T.

Cons

Company only cares about its bottom line, not you. They will tell you that ethics are the number one priority when it comes to selling and fire you ASAP if you even suspected of not selling to their standards. But they will fire you just as quickly for not making sales. Average employee turn around is 3 months. Their attendance policy is VERY strict, especially for new hires.

Be a sympathetic ear to your team and stand up for them when they're not being treated correctly.

If your desperate for a job. Take it, if they offer.

Current Employee - Premise - Wire Technician  in  Miami Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Premise - Wire Technician in Miami Gardens, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having a job, when unemployed.
    They love hiring the hard core welfare group people that they get tax credits for. SO, you get to work with some colorful and unmotivated people that just got off some government program.

Interesting to watch them punch a manager or two when they get publicly stripped of their uniforms, badge and keys and carried out of the gate in front of the crew.

Most get fired for complaining about the HR violations or just not kissing up to the managers.

The biggest PRO is just doing this because you are desperate for work and don't want to work at McDonalds.

Cons

Hostile managers, impossible metrics. constant inspections and write ups. Everyone is on a constant PIP or Formal discipline action. It is a constant beat down and use of ridicule and embarrassment for keeping the troops in line. Like being hazed everyday, every quarter and every year. Hours can be 14 a day, 7 days a week up to 14 days straight. Managers will cheat you on your hours by re-doing your time sheet in order to keep the efficiency metrics up.
    Typical to work 12 hours and get paid for 9 or 10. The managers get called on it, but only the employee gets terminated for other cause if they make a stink. The manager gets transferred.
    You never know what time you'll get off from work at the needs of the company. your days off are cancelled with12 hour notice. Kiss your family or social life good bye.
    Anyone gets hurt, it's the injured person fault 100% of the time and your fired for reporting a splinter or not reporting it will get you fired. a No Win situation.

You cannot request time off for doctors, dentist or family events. again you get one day off every 12 hour a day, 14 day stretch.

They like to rotate people and bring in fresh bodies every 6-12 months. Burn out rate of off the chart.

I have made it 3 years and if I had time to go on an interview I'd be gone.

The lower managers are just overworked former tech's that think they are moving up and work more hours for less pay. Mangers work 60-70 hours per week and if calculated on a hourly basis their pay is $10.00 an hour. I have seen many tech's promoted to manager and in less than a month ask to return to being a technician. The managers are glorified monkeys with a manager title and a salary so they can get paid less for more work. So they take it out on their former coworkers with the power madness.

Can't give advice to a manager. YOU get fired.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!