AT&T

www.att.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Overbearing, Underpaying, Unfair, Hates its employees

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

5 day work week, union to fight for you, air conditioned and heated workspace. Other non-management employees are nice and interesting.

Cons

We have to request days off 6 weeks in advance and still have to fight to get them. Retail is supposed to have flexable scheduling and this place DOES NOT. If something comes up in our lives, wether its a friends death, or family illness, we get put on attendance disclipline. Managers pretend to have our best interests in mind, but their actions show the opposite. You are CONSTANTLY OBSERVED. . If the manager wants to give you a hard time for whatever reason, they make sure that they notice your mistake and ignore everything that you do right. They want us to push every product on every customer, when NOT every customer needs EVERY product. If youre supposed to offer 10 things, and only offer 9, you get documented and discliplined. The also look for every reason to change the commission structure to pay is less and less.

Fire lower management

6761 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Think twice. Terrible management. Unprofessional environment.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Cordova, TN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Cordova, TN

I worked at AT&T part-time

Pros

The pay and benefits were the best and only good part about the job. Pay= base hourly pay + commission. They offer a range of health benefits and tuition assistance for students.

Cons

The management was absolutely the worst management I have ever worked under, hands down. I have never worked with such unprofessional people in my entire employment history. They did not look out for the best interest of their employees or customers. They were more focused on force-feeding customers products and features that the customers did not request or consent to. Management was very unfair and showed favoritism in the workplace. If I could do it all over again, I would've definitely listened to the many postings I read on this website about AT&T before choosing to work for the company. It is actually very disheartening because I am a college student and was very excited about working for a company I could "grow" with and the chances for upward mobility after graduation. In fact my experience with AT&T was so bad that despite all the benefits and the great pay, I could no longer stick around because there was so much corruption in our store and this eventually led up to my resignation from the company.

Take heed of the people you put in the lower management positions (i.e. retail store managers, assistant managers). These are the people who lead your frontline, your retail sales consultants. The frontline makes up the part of AT&T who makes and leaves the biggest impression on the consumers of this company. When there is corruption in management, this will most certainly affect the overall quality and success of your stores. A management that appreciates and listens to it's employees is surely one to prosper. When there is constantly a plethora of unresolved issues in the workplace this will of course trickle down and go from being an issue of management, to an issue of employees, and eventually lead to the many complaints people often hear from AT&T customers.

Pay was ok for work performed, very limited growth.

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Decent pay, stable work, available overtime often.

Cons

Very limited changes made day to day work boring and sale. Few growth oppurtunities.

Promote more from within.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T