Overbearing, Underpaying, Unfair, Hates its employees

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

5 day work week, union to fight for you, air conditioned and heated workspace. Other non-management employees are nice and interesting.

Cons

We have to request days off 6 weeks in advance and still have to fight to get them. Retail is supposed to have flexable scheduling and this place DOES NOT. If something comes up in our lives, wether its a friends death, or family illness, we get put on attendance disclipline. Managers pretend to have our best interests in mind, but their actions show the opposite. You are CONSTANTLY OBSERVED. . If the manager wants to give you a hard time for whatever reason, they make sure that they notice your mistake and ignore everything that you do right. They want us to push every product on every customer, when NOT every customer needs EVERY product. If youre supposed to offer 10 things, and only offer 9, you get documented and discliplined. The also look for every reason to change the commission structure to pay is less and less.

Advice to Management

Fire lower management

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. Run away

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative MSS in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative MSS in Austin, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good for little experience and you can meet some really great people. They're also unionized which, regardless of your stance on unions, you will NEED a union with a company like AT&T.

Cons

Company only cares about its bottom line, not you. They will tell you that ethics are the number one priority when it comes to selling and fire you ASAP if you even suspected of not selling to their standards. But they will fire you just as quickly for not making sales. Average employee turn around is 3 months. Their attendance policy is VERY strict, especially for new hires.

Advice to Management

Be a sympathetic ear to your team and stand up for them when they're not being treated correctly.

Hodge podge Mismanaged, Point the finger, Pass the buck.

Former Employee - Customer Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay wasn't the worst, it's not minimum wage like some places (Sitel) They insourced in 2008 building a Vegas center. They'll pretty much hire anybody. (Not so much a pro for me.)

Cons

I was working at att for about 3 years and I could give a 3 page dissertation on how awful the management protocols and everything are but it would be borderline ranting. You are constantly held responsible for stuff out of your control, First call resolution and daily repeat rate. the standards are so high on it and they expect your customer not to call back, but with 20% misdirected calls and 30% ticket forwarding calls (that don't get fixed by the repair dept) how can you manage to maintain a 1 out of 10 callback rate? If you think you'll work here on your own intelligence and experience, think again. they make you use a program called iwft which is as slow and component as a slug on a short bus. IWFT makes your decisions, Iwft decides your dispatch rate, Iwft tells customers that it's something on the customer side. (when it's really att's) and on top of it they are all metrics YOU are measured and held accountable by. in att if your are not cheating the system you are not succeeding. You are literally playing a fine dance between bending a breaking the rules to not get bad metrics, If you cheat you do great and your boss loves you, if you follow the rules as they say, you fail and get fired, if you get caught cheating the system you get in trouble. att (sbc internet services) is a lose/lose kind of place and honestly if you HAVE to have a job try and get it, but keep looking, cause you won't be there long even if you wanted too

Advice to Management

You really need to grow a back bone. the peons of the company have no say in anything and all they try to do is tell you how it could be better. stop brushing it off as a complaint, stop looking the otherway just cause you don't want to make waves. You are dishonoring yourself and all those who follow you. listen to your support when they tell you something isn't working.