There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Software Engineer Design Specialist in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Software Engineer Design Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My organization had been quite well managed to work at anygiven time. Very friendly, good culture and end-to-end transperancy are some good things to see here.

Cons

As there could be no perfect place on the earth, you do find something that's missing. Top class technical training, leaves, career switching etc are hard to find.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. If you enjoy unrealistic goals, terrible pay and being hounded by management, this is the job for you

Current Employee - Premesis Technician in Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - Premesis Technician in Conyers, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has some good jobs with union negotiated pay and benefits. There are a lot of positions with this company that offer opportunity to a wide variety of people

Cons

Unrealistic goals, low pay with minimal benefits, hounded by management, little to no support by union. Almost no opportunity for advancement - face it, if you accept a position like this, how bright can you be?

Advice to Management

Bring your expectations, goals and pay in line with other companies that need and offer technical positions

2. Great Company for Growth and Financial Stability

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k matched up to 6%, tuition reimbursement, unionized company, many avenues to move up in the company, paid vacatione

Cons

Too much micro managing. Employees flourish with less stress. Does not compensate Retail Sales Consultant enough for sales. Upper management intentionally make compensation structured elaborate and confusing, hardly pays commission based on what we make for the company. Retail sales consultants are paid way less commission than telesales reps yet we make the company much more sales.

Advice to Management

Pay RSCs more commission. Give a higher amount of money for all the revenue we bring in to the company. Create a commission structure that makes more sense. One where reps get paid a set dollar amount per unit sold rather than an at risk structure. Establish tier levels so that reps get a higher dollar amount per unit sold when they surpass a giving number of units. RSCs are really the back bone of the company, and deserve to have a higher income for all the money we bring to the table.