AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great work environment, Solid Company!!!

Current Employee - Technician in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Pay. Wide range of people you get to work with. I am very satisfied with the company.

Cons

Telecommunications is expected to be operational at all times so nights and weekend coverage is expected. So some jobs require people to work nights, weekends and holiday. So if you consider an industry to work for, think about if you are wiling to work this type of schedule.

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Great technology poor execution

Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation is good and career advancement is available. In my experience, my direct leadership is excellent and active in my development and advancement. The technology is top of the line, always evolving and challenging.

Cons

Frustrating company to work for. The culture of AT&T is far from "can do". The expectation is that because we're AT&T, huge, and regulated, we have a free pass to fail our customers without internal leadership accountability. All organizations are silos and are only concerned with their particular metric without seeing the big picture -- customers are a lower priority than internal measures.

where cheaters and liars are rewarded

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Cary, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

sales reps enjoy union representation which results in seniority scheduling, automatic pay raises, and discipline protection. Vacation time is generous IMO after you've got a few years under your belt. The pay is pretty decent for the most part. Low 40's your first full year and more later if you're good. You can earn more than assistant managers. Free phone and service, discounts on AT&T products. Job security is very good with all of the layoffs you hear about. Just come in on time and don't steal or commit HR offenses. You'll meet some great people in this company and the diversity is great.

Cons

management = a white male kinda thing. About the only promotion available to sales reps is the dreaded assistant manager job. (horrible hours and less pay if you're any good) You are ignored for any other position. Young twenty somethings that complete BS leadership programs are automatically promoted while tenured employees are ignored. Reps that engage in shady and deceptive practices for personal gain are protected if they're top performers. Reps are constantly pressured to add garbage to customer's accounts that they probably don't need. "slamming" is the art of adding fees without the customer's consent. Reps that do this are "successful". It's very easy to make some money this way but i promise that you'll always be on the run. Reps are weighed on sooooo many metrics and they add new junk every few months. Retail hours can be a pain until you're tenured and have some newer people beneath you. Working nights/weekends and holidays. Upper management is always looking for creative new ways to choke reps' commission. They pay us less and less for doing more work. Upper management blames sales reps for everything but is quick to take credit for the accolades. They should all spend time in the corporate stores. It's rumored that older reps are discriminated against in favor of younger new hires probably because they'd be satisfied with less. The AT&T Next program is a complete ripoff and an insult to anyone with above average intelligence. Because of this the company demands that you sell as many of these as you can as well as garbage features like roadside assistance and navigator.

upper management is completely dettached from reality. severely overpaid white males make stupid policies (like restocking fees and charging $200 for signal boosters) then blame the rep when the customer leaves a poor survey.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T