AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great pay and benefits for work required.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Benefits one full month after hire date
-Great pay compared to other call centers
-Great employee discounts
-Raises 3 times a year
-holiday pay

Cons

-upset customers-which comes with any company
-being just a number to a large company
-high call volume

As customer service representatives we were constantly told by the company to "show we cared" for the customers. It was upsetting that when I went through a personal issue, which caused me to miss more than the allowed number of days. Only a portion of my FMLA was approved. I was terminated without a second thought. I understand that large companies have policies in place for a reason but I was a loyal employee and was great at my job. I defended AT&T when customers bashed the company and it is disappointing that I was nothing more than a number.

My advice to management would be to show your reps you care and I mean really care; not handing out childish toys as rewards. Maybe the turnover rate would go down. Maybe you would be left with reps who know how to do their jobs and actually care about customers rather than reps who stick around because they know how to cheat the system and abuse FMLA.

6233 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

NOT worth all the hrs they make you work, you're just a little ant there.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I worked at AT&T part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Get to see/play with upcoming devices, new technology

Cons

At 1st I loved it but then all the 10 hr shifts, pushing you to sell and be shady just to get their numbers, don't care about the good you do just want more, more, more! Hard to move up, have to pay your dues and become an assistant manager before EVER getting out of retail. & recently paying less money to the sales reps. Not good at all.

Treat the sales reps who are basically the face of the company A LOT BETTER! STOP taking away more & more money every year. Not worth working 10 hr shifts and waiting hand & foot to customers. Sales reps are not robots!

Sales rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tupelo, MS
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tupelo, MS

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, unionized

Cons

You are pressured to make impossible sales goals. Only way you can do it is lie and mislead. This is why so many customers have billing issues. It's sales reps screwing with an account to make commission and keep job.

Stop firing people for not meeting ridiculous goals. Instead keep managers on the floor to make sure reps are offing all services to the best of their ability. This will keep customer complaints and fraud down...and make a reasonable work environment. Also, employees tend to be cutthroat with each other because of unreasonable pressure to reach goals.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T