AT&T

www.att.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great pay and benefits for work required.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Benefits one full month after hire date
-Great pay compared to other call centers
-Great employee discounts
-Raises 3 times a year
-holiday pay

Cons

-upset customers-which comes with any company
-being just a number to a large company
-high call volume

As customer service representatives we were constantly told by the company to "show we cared" for the customers. It was upsetting that when I went through a personal issue, which caused me to miss more than the allowed number of days. Only a portion of my FMLA was approved. I was terminated without a second thought. I understand that large companies have policies in place for a reason but I was a loyal employee and was great at my job. I defended AT&T when customers bashed the company and it is disappointing that I was nothing more than a number.

My advice to management would be to show your reps you care and I mean really care; not handing out childish toys as rewards. Maybe the turnover rate would go down. Maybe you would be left with reps who know how to do their jobs and actually care about customers rather than reps who stick around because they know how to cheat the system and abuse FMLA.

6777 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Cant really move up unless you know people.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of chances to make money if you know how to upsell.

Cons

They want you to upsell to everyone and if you have a customer who has everything already they want you to sell them a second phone.

Not a great place for long term employment.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Reasonable base pay for the experience level. Chance to work with some of the best technology in the industry. Union protection from losing your job.

Cons

Very poor schedule management. Extreme pressure to meet goals put on store managers, which in turn gets placed on the retail sales consultants. Unreasonable goals for ethical salespeople. NO work/life balance. Very poor management teams who have very little interest in their employees, only in the numbers that are produced. Individual/store goals apparently set with no statistical or formulaic basis- just randomly selected.

Frontline employees shouldn't be smarter than Management on decisions like pricing and products, yet more often than not they are (on things already mentioned like Wireless Home Phone and the Next program.) Earn your customers' trust back. Lose the slavish belief in the Willingness to Recommend survey program, which any halfway knowledgeable statistician would prove as invalid very quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T