AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

A good job that can be stressful at times depending on the customer base

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good, the extra perks (free phone, reward points) are nice, and the benefits are pretty great.

Cons

Customers get VERY angry about their cell phones and take it out on the reps, upper management puts a lot of pressure on employees to hit sales goals, long hours on your feet

Ease up on sales goals for "strategic" products. Customers are wising up to the fact that most of them are a rip off, and it makes reps jobs more difficult.

5844 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Not fun anymore

Current Employee - Systems Technician
    Current Employee - Systems Technician

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, but they don't outweigh the frustration.

Cons

Over the last three years, the company has instituted policies that don't make any sense to those of us on the front lines. These policies are supposed to increase efficiency and decrease cost, but they are actually doing the opposite in many cases. My manager is miserable and at lease half of my co-workers are either planning to retire early or are actively looking for another job. Twelve years ago, while at SBC I used to have to interact with some techs from AT&T. Now I understand why they were so miserable. The same people who ran the old AT&T into the ground are now doing the same thing to the new AT&T since the purchase by SBC. I will definitely NOT finish my career with this company.

I have had two requests to go into management. Thank God that I didn't accept either one of them. Didn't you read the results of the recent employee survey? We are not happy with the direction the company is headed. We are not willing to recommend this company to our friends or family. Many of us are looking for another job. You need to come down from your ivory tower and listen to our input every once in a while. We especially find our "commit to customer service excellence" to be hypocritical. If we really cared about the customer, then we would be doing many things a lot differently now.

Would not recommend

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

This company promotes training for individuals

Cons

Unfortunately with the workload you don't have the time to take the training

I've never seen so many unskilled senior managers that were promoted to Directors in my career. Just because a person is good as an individual contributor doesn't mean they know how to manage people and get the most out of their people.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T