AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

A greedy company run by a fraternity indeed.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

No cell phone bill. That is all.

Cons

Politics.
You are brainwashed into thinking you can become promoted, but sadly the position you get hired in is the one you are more likely to stay in.
Company is always reducing employees pay every year, while demanding more metrics and higher quotas to be made.
Your education does not matter to the company, school is not a option.
No work life balance, seniority does not matter.
The company does not care for its employees, employees are always expendable to them.
Work culture is surrounded by people who never left the "high school" scene.
No organization, no proper training, the list goes on....

AT&T will not succeed as a business in the near future. This is due to the company not realizing their front line employees are the face of the company and are the one's that deliver results, however if you always treat them like grunts, soon you will see results dropping. The company took a wrong turn when they decided to get greedy and feel they needed to sell everything for example: tablets, smart tablets, cameras,in order to make more profits rather than focusing on their customer's needs. More or less the company has tried to become a mini Best Buy/Apple store.

Lastly, management should not promote among favoritism nor because of sexual attraction towards employees!

5662 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

micro managed

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This job does train & provides training with immediate benefits.

Cons

This is a micromanaged job that will only be good for about 2 years, must join union even though they are untrained to handle complaints & work for you, must use sales skills, they tell you no sales but sales is a must when you are suppose to be supplying technical support for dsl services, very little advancement. Most management can't do your job but are very willing to judge everything you do including write you up to dismiss you from your job. Very little support & no thinking outside the box. Everything must be done by a pc program that has lots of mistakes & its your job to make sure a customer does not call back for 30 days no matter what the problem is. And don't dispatch to residential customers, you will be found at fault no matter what the situation. Also our center is suppose to have over 400 employees but we only have around 130. They have a huge turnover.

Pay attention to the situation, if reps. are taking care of the customer stop hurting the workers. Remember it takes all depts. to do the job right & co-operative customers to work with us.

If you love being treated like a child then work here

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Don't work here unless you want stress and criticism 24/7

Cons

A typical day at work you teach people to use their phones, take payments, explain warranty procedures etc. You to try to sell to these people as well. . A lot of people believe they have a defective phones but most of the time it's user error. This would be great if the market wasn't so saturated but the company is now pushing other items such as digital life, tablets and wireless home phone. (Whatever idiot came up with wireless home phone anyway?). you do all of this with a bullseye on your back do to the unreasonable survey process. A customer can like me and dislike AT&T and it all falls on me. Or they can push the wrong button on the text survey and even explain the mistake in the notes but we still get dinged. There all kinds of different punishments if you miss targets. You have to call all of your customers back from the previous day even bill payments. Makes a lot of sense considering the customer could have already gotten a survey for you. Also you have to stand at the front door now and open the door for each customer that comes in. We are in a strip mall so there are many false alarms. So we are idiots running for the door all day. Management will also take pictures of you without your permission to prove that you were looking somewhere other than the door. The worse the numbers are the worse your life is. Management can't come up with anything that will actually help so just new punishments are assigned. It's something new and worse on a daily basis. It's an extremely oppressive environment. There is no room for advancement unless you want to be an assistant manager or store manager and assign punishment to sales reps. They are now getting rid of all sales support now so I'm sure we will be taken off the floor for these duties and loose what sales that are left. Stay away unless you want to have a miserable existence. Hope I find a new job soon!

There's no point

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!