AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Fair

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, large company, excellent 401k match

Cons

Managers don't share information with others for jobs

Insure that there is cross-training and that managers give opportunities to engineers to advance into more advanced roles

6453 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

AT&T - Interesting place to work...

Former Employee - Customer Service in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Southfield, MI

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training is provided for the job we were given, which was cool. It would have been cooler if the teacher showed up like he was supposed to.

Cons

Wow...where to begin... I was hired as a Technical Customer Service Rep but while we were used that way we weren't allowed to say we provided tech support because Tech support made more money. Some of us were told one thing as far salary when we were hired and found our checks were something completely different. Our trainers were people that had been there long enough to know what they were doing but I was accused of making up my resume...blatantly being told there was no way I could have done the things I said I did. We're given sick days but you're told that not only are you discouraged from using them but you're also told that it will be held against you if you use them. Some of the things we found out we weren't told until our "graduation day". You aren't to allowed to have your phones out or music playing but I guess that depends on who you are because the guy across from me (who faced our supervisor) had his Ipod out on his desk and in his ear all the time.

Appreciate your employees. All the rules are so stringent and unless you're a favorite you get written up right away. I had two people in my class that had things they were not in control of one ended up in the hospital and the other had a court date both were written up for missing part of the day or being sick. Some things are out of a person's control. My schedule, in spite of bidding and receiving a decent schedule was changed twice. When I asked how this could happen I was told it was changed b corporate?? Who in corporate cares what hours I work?

Good company to retire

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Good training and flexible schedule.

Cons

big, bureaucratic, slow and too many red tape

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T