AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Be prepared to beg for what you've earned

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Training, benefits, and the technology.

Cons

Reactionary political environment where achievement is mostly based on who you know. Payment of commissions is the equivalent of a Ponzi scheme. A sales director actually took pride in addressing team and stating "I can't get you your commissions". Now that's motivating.

Stop playing games with employees' pay. Sales people are incentivized to sell more which effects the company's bottom line; allow them to do the job.

6233 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

At&t does not care about emoloyees

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at AT&T part-time

Pros

The pros are always disapearing each day. The pay is avererage meaning there is definitely worse salaries is why I've stayed but I'm beginning to wonder if its worth selling my soul.

Cons

I've been a nationally ranked sales representative but right before I've won the higest award at&t has to offer I was written up for "not building value". I knew then they didn't appreciate me. When I first started I couldn't even blink twice without one of the managers documenting my every move in their computer (pdts). If I didn't have bills to pay I would have walked out a few times. I was also reprimanded in front of customers it was degrading. We get graded on the willingness to recommend at&t and one rating of a 8 or below can fail you and get 20 perfect scores overlooked. Then management will want to know why your treating customers so bad because your score is low. Then you find out it had nothing to do with you maybe it was a problem that happened before you even worked for at&t....yet your sales rankings are directly effected by it. I walk on egg shells with all my customers and always feel stressed out because I'm always trying to get them to like me or be happy about an at&t fee or a broken phone ect. We have to sell everything now and have quotas for everything even things we dont get paid on. They pay us less and less commission every year and seem to constantly be thinking of ways they can cut our money. Every time an iphone comes up they inflate our quotas to unnattainable levels so those months we have to work harder and are lucky to see a comission check. They should just let us make a little bit of extra money for all the hard work. They truely don't care about their employees just that they are selling. You will gwt nit picked for everything. You won't have a life because shifts range from 930am to 10pm mostly they fall somewhere in between the late shift especially if you have no senority. Everything everyone says about this company on this website is true. Dont sell your soul to the devil.

Stop beating down your employees and start appreciating them and paying them for everything you expect.

AT&T could change

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The pay is good but the job is demanding

Cons

Hard company to work for and very stressful

Let sales people sell and not manage why their sales are not getting installed. Managing the installation issues takes valuable time away from sales.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T