AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T U-verse is an awesome product and a great team to work with

Current Employee - IPTV Network Analyst in Irving, TX
Current Employee - IPTV Network Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Professional advancement and training is top notch. Achievements are recognized, and innovation is encouraged. Management (for the most part) is VERY supportive, and doesn't fall too deeply into the 'metrics' trap that you see in a lot of other companies.

Cons

Hours can be dicey, and staffing/shift coverage is always a challenge (so scheduling your days off is sometimes hard). HR and personnel issues can take some prodding to resolve, when they come up. It's a big company, with big company issues.

And there's always the problem of the Marketing folks overselling the product features. That happens everywhere.

Keep doing what you're doing. In innovative areas, let your people innovate. Try not to stick them into cubbyholes or predefined 'roles', cos that's what the competition does. Rein in the marketing to what we have available, not the 'in theory' stuff; they'll still be able to get their commissions. :)

6493 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

AT&T RSC Review

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Carson City, NV
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Carson City, NV

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good environment, awesome benefits, free phone service, Union job

Cons

The commision scale isnt always the same, stressful working with the public

Pay a little better, we're the tip of the sword. Provide us with the latest and greatest phone. We have to sell them, why cant we use them?

"Best Paying Job without a College Degree"

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician
    Current Employee - Customer Service Technician

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, and your on your own. Some people complain about the work, but if you don't mind working, its a good job and will keep you busy.

Cons

You really can't have a life. You are never guaranteed a day off unless its on the vacation schedule. Don't plan on having a holiday off either unless you plan on waiting 20 years to get it. The company seems to not care for its employees like it used to also. A rocky future for those just starting and planning on retiring after 30 years.

Show your employees that they are not just a number or "suits", but that they are important. Have someone make changes to the "Bell Practice" that actually has done the job for once.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T