AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T U-verse is an awesome product and a great team to work with

Current Employee - IPTV Network Analyst in Irving, TX
Current Employee - IPTV Network Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Professional advancement and training is top notch. Achievements are recognized, and innovation is encouraged. Management (for the most part) is VERY supportive, and doesn't fall too deeply into the 'metrics' trap that you see in a lot of other companies.

Cons

Hours can be dicey, and staffing/shift coverage is always a challenge (so scheduling your days off is sometimes hard). HR and personnel issues can take some prodding to resolve, when they come up. It's a big company, with big company issues.

And there's always the problem of the Marketing folks overselling the product features. That happens everywhere.

Keep doing what you're doing. In innovative areas, let your people innovate. Try not to stick them into cubbyholes or predefined 'roles', cos that's what the competition does. Rein in the marketing to what we have available, not the 'in theory' stuff; they'll still be able to get their commissions. :)

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

No potential for personal growth

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

The pay scale and benefits are competitive - maybe even above average. There are employees all over the world, so you can work from many geographic locations. In some departments and positions, you can telecommute.

Cons

Morale is terrible. There are layoffs three times a year in every department that I'm aware of and this has been going on for years and years. You will never see your co-workers because they are scattered all over the world. You will not make decisions and you will not ever have a meeting with anyone more than two levels above you. The red tape is incredible - you must have officer permission to file for corporate permission to travel. The work groups are very much siloed so you won't be able to move into different departments to broaden your work experience or connections. There are very few promotions. AT&T is extremely hierarchical. Please note that the wireless side of the business may be different since it is a growth area.

You have some very smart people working at AT&T, but they are very frustrated at the lack of trust and empowerment. The managers, at least, do not believe that you value them at all.

AT&T RSC Review

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Carson City, NV
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Carson City, NV

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good environment, awesome benefits, free phone service, Union job

Cons

The commision scale isnt always the same, stressful working with the public

Pay a little better, we're the tip of the sword. Provide us with the latest and greatest phone. We have to sell them, why cant we use them?

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T