AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

At times great, but overall the most stressful, negative, untrusting environment I have ever been in.

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

*Starting Pay
*Flexible Schedule (not hours)
*Resources and materials available for self advancement
*lateral relationships
*tools for success
*Logically, and rationally sound policies and proceedures

Cons

*Pay increases
*Work load / work life balance
*Lack of ability to utilize resources and materials for self advancement
*vertical relationships
*lack of accountability and discipline for employees (of all levels) who willingly violate codes and policies

If this division were a sandwich, I would say that the bread (top and bottom) is good. Everything in between needs to be replaced with new, and unspoiled meat that is truly open to the changes that the company is trying to make. Management, especially middle levels of management are valuable, but if you're trying to win the super bowl, then you have to know when to move on and start drafting newer and younger rookies to run your team.

6105 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Will drive you to therapy

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Though continually decreasing, pay better than most jobs out there

Cons

Expect your pay to constantly decrease while your quota to constantly increase to unattainable levels. The system is designed to create an intentionally high turn over rate, as at&t knows that anyone there more than 6 months will become jaded and new hires will not know how good it used to be a few months back. Our commissions have been cut in half since August, but our goals have almost doubled while at&t brags to us about their record profits. At&t does not promote leaders, but micromanagers who are themselves micromanaged to insanity. They lead by fear...discipline, or weekly meetings at 7 am for missing some metric for the week. You are micromanaged to a point where they suck any natural sales talent you may have going in out of you. Every customer gets a survey and all at&t cares about is how the customer feels about at&t, so in spite of our aggressive and unattainable goals, we have to aggressively sell while not aggressively selling or we will fail the survey for being pushy and be written up...but miss your goals and you get written up. Heaven help you if you sell a phone without selling a ton of accessories or insurance or sell a phone not on the next program. You start to get afraid to help customers because you are afraid of them only buying a phone and not anything else or saying on the survey that they won't recommend at&t. So many employees on stress leave and the union seems to be no help and sides with management. There is no sales support what so ever, as all of our back end position have been eliminated and those in the position laid off. You will have hardly any personal life. You get sucked in because the pay seems good at first, but you have no job security pay stability and will quickly realize that the high turnover rate is for a reason they like it like this.

Stop leading by fear and punishment and motivate us to perform by actually compensating us fairly. Set us up to succeed not fail. Don't tell us to focus on customer experience, then only care about numbers. Help us more.

They make it seem grand, but........

Former Employee - Senior Consultant/Sales and Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are really good

Cons

Management puts you in situations that are not realistic. And the union as mentioned before does not work for you, it works for the company.

Stop being SHEEP......