AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great pay for little experience

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great as a Retail Sales Consultant. Most new hires are not very experienced and the requirements to get hired are not as tough as other places with equal pay.
This is a great place to work part time and go to school. AT&T helps pay your tuition for certain majors (business, engineering, CS, other AT&T related majors ... no, not liberal arts or nursing).
The company spends a lot of time to train you (3 weeks - paid)
A lot of support from co-workers, and managers (most locations)

Cons

Decreasing commision, with increasing expectations.
When I started working there, the commission structure was crazy good. Very easy to make $3000+ in commissions in a month. Now, you have to be a super star seller to earn $1500+.
Expectations are high
You will have to sell products that you don't necessarily care for (phone insurance, home automation, overpriced accessories)
Scheduling can be difficult, especially in the beginning. AT&T is doing seniority based scheduling done by a computer program (because of Union rules... Thanks CWA). Once you have some seniority, it won't be an issue.

Have to work weekends (as a part timer).... and if you want to make money :)

Improve your employee retention rates. You are making the job too stressful to handle when doing school. The pay and benefits are great, but don't abuse the employees like property. Promote from within the company, don't hire managers from outside (they usually don't know how anything works and decrease productivity). Please don't rotate managers every 6 months. Listen to your employees.

5887 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Run away!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Manager. Kind coworkers. Clean, fresh smelling air in he sense you don't know it's an AC unit running in the building-nice view.

Cons

No HR-all Benefits sub-contracted out to other companies-so you can easily get bad info and you are left with the fallout----you can lose FSA real quick if you are told your wife can be a dependent-and she can't nothing is written-no one can sign anything-THERE IS NO ONE TO GO TO-You can also lose paid holidays very easily and you have to work on Holidays-even though they are "Holidays".

Resign and go to confession for the pain and suffering you have caused.

Retail Sales Consultant

Current Employee - RSC in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - RSC in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being honest the people are good people outside the corporate business, benefits are good they where better. Pay competitive but you work your butt off to make that money. For me the job was near my home. New technology always coming out.

Cons

Commission structure has and does change twice a year for the two years, since I've been there and it's gotten worse usually I'd make a hefty commission check now I'm lucky to get a third of what I was doing a year ago. it's went from selling 5 things or so to 15, when upper management gets there agenda from senior management it's shoved in your face over and over and over. Feels like ground hog day everyday. Management usually has no real clue to manage they just babysit. Educated smart individuals are what they want but don't want you to think just sell. The latest NEXT program is a joke it's buying the device out right over 20 months. In short your ranked on everything and some things you don't have control over. Nor will they admit that they are wrong for ranking you over things you can't control like fees and how cases are made. In short the stress drives you away unless your good at drowning out the corporate junk. I'm a top sells rep and I mean great at what I do but it's never enough there's so many metrics for which your ranked you will go crazy trying to be perfect.

Simple leave! your ways of doing business are old ruthless and losing your customers daily give your store employees the middle men the foot soldiers ammo to sell with price matching waive fees drive small business to stores and slow down with all these new metrics theirs workers trying to understand the first one they learned in training value your employees you've trained more cause people like seeing the faces of people they trust when they buy cause if you don't your gonna lose a lot of employees with the knowledge to assist customers the right way. NEXT PROGRAM ISNT FOR EVERY ONE SO STOP WEIGHING METRICS ON THE PERCENTAGE WE SELL.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T