AT&T
3.1 of 5 5,204 reviews
www.att.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Great pay for little experience

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsThe pay is great as a Retail Sales Consultant. Most new hires are not very experienced and the requirements to get hired are not as tough as other places with equal pay.
This is a great place to work part time and go to school. AT&T helps pay your tuition for certain majors (business, engineering, CS, other AT&T related majors ... no, not liberal arts or nursing).
The company spends a lot of time to train you (3 weeks - paid)
A lot of support from co-workers, and managers (most locations)

ConsDecreasing commision, with increasing expectations.
When I started working there, the commission structure was crazy good. Very easy to make $3000+ in commissions in a month. Now, you have to be a super star seller to earn $1500+.
Expectations are high
You will have to sell products that you don't necessarily care for (phone insurance, home automation, overpriced accessories)
Scheduling can be difficult, especially in the beginning. AT&T is doing seniority based scheduling done by a computer program (because of Union rules... Thanks CWA). Once you have some seniority, it won't be an issue.

Have to work weekends (as a part timer).... and if you want to make money :)

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your employee retention rates. You are making the job too stressful to handle when doing school. The pay and benefits are great, but don't abuse the employees like property. Promote from within the company, don't hire managers from outside (they usually don't know how anything works and decrease productivity). Please don't rotate managers every 6 months. Listen to your employees.

good run with many twists and turns, bigger isn't always better, but size does matter

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: stable company, benefits among top in industry great name recognition. unmatched… Cons: layers of management make it hard to react quickly to changing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to gain experience

Sales Support Representative (Former Employee)
    Springfield, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay was ok, opportunities are endless. Great way to get… Cons: Work environment and constant changing of the company. More
There are newer reviews on AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees.