There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great pay for little experience

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great as a Retail Sales Consultant. Most new hires are not very experienced and the requirements to get hired are not as tough as other places with equal pay. This is a great place to work part time and go to school. AT&T helps pay your tuition for certain majors (business, engineering, CS, other AT&T related majors ... no, not liberal arts or nursing). The company spends a lot of time to train you (3 weeks - paid) A lot of support from co-workers, and managers (most locations)

Cons

Decreasing commision, with increasing expectations. When I started working there, the commission structure was crazy good. Very easy to make $3000+ in commissions in a month. Now, you have to be a super star seller to earn $1500+. Expectations are high You will have to sell products that you don't necessarily care for (phone insurance, home automation, overpriced accessories) Scheduling can be difficult, especially in the beginning. AT&T is doing seniority based scheduling done by a computer program (because of Union rules... Thanks CWA). Once you have some seniority, it won't be an issue. Have to work weekends (as a part timer).... and if you want to make money :)

Advice to Management

Improve your employee retention rates. You are making the job too stressful to handle when doing school. The pay and benefits are great, but don't abuse the employees like property. Promote from within the company, don't hire managers from outside (they usually don't know how anything works and decrease productivity). Please don't rotate managers every 6 months. Listen to your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. A profitable venture that taught me valuable skills and patience

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at AT&T part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy money if you work hard

Cons

not anyone can do it

Advice to Management

set more obtainable goals

2. AT&T Sales Intern

Former Intern - GEM Sales Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - GEM Sales Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AT&T as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

AT&T has a great program for interns and they really try to make the internship a comprehensive experience. The internship gave me great insight on sales, as this is not really taught in undergraduate.

Cons

The program was new in the office I worked in, and my supervisor was unclear about how much I work I should be given. I often found myself with less projects and work that I needed to keep busy. The office environment was not conducive to easily working with other members of the sales team, as many worked from home most days.

Advice to Management

Make the program more specific about roles and projects the interns work on.