AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

It's been an adventure...not for everyone though

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*In the CTO organization there are very intelligent people with many years of knowledge in telecom.
*Competitive salary
*Depending on your manager, work-life balance can really be great; especially with the ability to work remotely since so many colleagues on your team can be spread across the globe.

Cons

*Big company bureaucracy, way too many processes and procedures, too much hierarchy
*Entrenched old school thinking and resistance to change- way too many employees have been at this company since before I was born. Subsequently there is resistance to innovation and risk-taking. Also, possibly due to the background of most people in management, MBAs are not valued very much.
*Most employee decisions are so buffered from impacting the company's bottom line, that it creates a comfort for business-as-usual.
*Failure is not accepted and leveraged.

Bring new blood from outside of the telecom industry in to top management to shake things up and direct our culture. Identify and promote our competitive advantages. Don't be afraid to clean house (even if someone has worked here there entire adult life).

5653 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

steadily downhill over the last decade

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

AT&T finally has a pretty good work-from-home policy. I've been working from home off and on for 9 years, but it only recently became officially sanctioned. There are some good people in the company, and some good groups... but you'll have to be particular about who you go to work for and vet them pretty seriously.

Cons

Benefits have been chipped away at for a decade, and they're really bad now. Medical has huge deductibles, and out of network benefits are terrible. Office environment is dreary and lacks even basics like filtered water or cheapo drip coffee. Your vacation builds VERY slowly. LOTS of bureaucracy in the company... lots of groups working to defend their turf rather than drive forward... hard to navigate the massive bureaucracy to get anything done or even get access to what you need to accomplish your job.

I understand earnings are important, but management is so desperate to meet every quarter that they'll cut the knees out from under the business to avoid missing short term earnings by a penny. Creating a dismal work environment, cutting benefits until they're horrible and driving away the best employees will compromise your long term earnings, which factor into stock price a lot more than short term squiggles. You're missing the forest for the trees here.

really stressful but great pay and bebefits

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great pay, benefits...very sales driven

Cons

stress stress stress, dont plan on going to emergencys

calm down, people are human and stuff comes up. I feel I gave up my childrens childhoods to keep this job for 13 years.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!