AT&T
3.1 of 5 5,204 reviews
www.att.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Unless you went to Ole Miss, No advancement!!!

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Tupelo, MS

ProsPay was descent. Hours were not too long. Met new people and made lasting friendships!

ConsUpper management tells you to be consistent all day every day, but they do not practice what they preach! The comp plan changed every year but 2013 was by far the worst! You work like a slave only to not be rewarded or told thank you for the hard work. Instead they like to find fault in other things that are not remotely related to your sales such as your hair is too long, you forgot to shave this morning, or you forgot to wash your cup in the kitchen sink.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose to promote the qualified individuals instead of the buddies! Upper management needs a lot more guidance. Take some of those courses that was given to regular employees on how to be successful. Being successful is not just to supervise with poor management. You certainly have to lead by example and that's not by belittling someone and promoting the less worthy candidate only because they went to your favorite University! Time to start practicing what you are preaching!

Not a bad job for young adults

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good benefits, good 401k and pension plan, can be fun… Cons: Not really a sales job anymore.. Pretty much order takers… Advice to Senior Management: No advice to give.. They are like teenage boys, they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Customer Support

Customer Support (Former Employee)

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Work independently, no micro managing Cons: No room for advancement, only hire contractors. no benefits More
There are newer reviews on AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees.