There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Working at AT&T has allowed me to have a successful fulfilling life.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, great pay & benefits and caring 1 level managers.

Cons

Hours, unattainable goals & in the last few years you just feel like a number not a loyal employee.

Sit in my seat & take call after call after call to see if you are able to remember every little thing you are required to say, be happy about it and never make a mistake.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overrated

Former Employee - Premesis Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Premesis Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Starting salary,benefits,overtime compensation,tools for the trade,

Cons

Managements perception of employees,shifts,time worked,micromanagement,trust issues.

Stop looking/treating employees only as a metric/number

2. Do yourself a favor and Do NOT work here

Former Employee - RSC in Rapid City, SD
    Former Employee - RSC in Rapid City, SD

I worked at AT&T part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and that is about it.

Cons

They suck the life out of you! No time for friends or family. I was hired on as a part-time employee and I worked on average 40 to 65 hour weeks the whole 6 months I worked there. They would schedule me less than that, but they would tell me i had to work extra shifts because they were so short handed...needs of the business..etc.You typically do not get a break and if you do it's within an hour of your shift being over. I got physically ill from not being allowed to hydrate myself and go to the bathroom on 2 ocassions.Managers micro manage all the time. Expect to be followed around all the time with your manager/assistant manager asking you "what are you doing?" "Why are you doing that?" "Do you think you could have handled that customer differently?". I literally mean all of the time. If I didn't reccomend an ipad, home phone, or mifi device to every single customer I helped (including customers that came in just to pay a bill, apply a discount to their account, or inquire about when the next iphone launch would be) I would get a "strike" and after 3 strikes they fire you. Which is complete BS considering the strikes never fall off!

Give your employees a chance to sell things without you standing over their shoulders all the d*mn time.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T