There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great place to work, if you don't mind working.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Clovis, CA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Clovis, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with AT&T for over 30 years, through several name changes. I am not going to sugar coat it, if you are willing to work and adapt it is a great place. If not, look elsewhere. Benefits are good, pay is good. It is a large company, so it has it's challenges. Education is valued and tuition aid is available. There are opportunities for advancement within the company. I have friends in other large companies and comparing their experiences with mine AT&T is as good an employer, if not better than most. In my job function I work in all aspects of the network (wireline, wireless, data etc.) so I have a fair knowledge base.

Cons

Sure there are cons just like any other company, but they are petty ones not worth listing. I know this a one sided review, but I have a great career and honestly wouldn't change a thing.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve the customer experience, which is what it's all about.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, 401k plan with company matching and paid time off

Cons

high-pressure call center environment to meet weekly and monthly quotas. Sometimes deal with irate customers

2. Retail Sales Consultant

Current Employee - RSC in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - RSC in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being honest the people are good people outside the corporate business, benefits are good they where better. Pay competitive but you work your butt off to make that money. For me the job was near my home. New technology always coming out.

Cons

Commission structure has and does change twice a year for the two years, since I've been there and it's gotten worse usually I'd make a hefty commission check now I'm lucky to get a third of what I was doing a year ago. it's went from selling 5 things or so to 15, when upper management gets there agenda from senior management it's shoved in your face over and over and over. Feels like ground hog day everyday. Management usually has no real clue to manage they just babysit. Educated smart individuals are what they want but don't want you to think just sell. The latest NEXT program is a joke it's buying the device out right over 20 months. In short your ranked on everything and some things you don't have control over. Nor will they admit that they are wrong for ranking you over things you can't control like fees and how cases are made. In short the stress drives you away unless your good at drowning out the corporate junk. I'm a top sells rep and I mean great at what I do but it's never enough there's so many metrics for which your ranked you will go crazy trying to be perfect.

Advice to Management

Simple leave! your ways of doing business are old ruthless and losing your customers daily give your store employees the middle men the foot soldiers ammo to sell with price matching waive fees drive small business to stores and slow down with all these new metrics theirs workers trying to understand the first one they learned in training value your employees you've trained more cause people like seeing the faces of people they trust when they buy cause if you don't your gonna lose a lot of employees with the knowledge to assist customers the right way. NEXT PROGRAM ISNT FOR EVERY ONE SO STOP WEIGHING METRICS ON THE PERCENTAGE WE SELL.