AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

This is the review of the Company.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Account Executive in Louisville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are an organization that provides excellent training and has a history of success in the field.

Cons

There have been major changes within the industry that are creating a need for major adjustments in their business model.

Lead by inspiration.

6467 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Sales Support

Former Employee - Sales Support in Hialeah, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Hialeah, FL

I worked at AT&T part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule for school, company line, benefits dental/medical/vision

Cons

will work you to the bone, hard to get promoted, restructuring so even if you are part time you may end up working full time hours

listen to employee suggestions during company surveys

Welcome to the machine

Former Employee - Cellular Sales Consultant in Barnstable, MA
    Former Employee - Cellular Sales Consultant in Barnstable, MA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Att is the only union run cell phone company that I know of. Because they are an enormous corporation you obviously have a great benefits package. The pay for entry level sales reps is a base of 32k with comm. that ranges between 12k to 36k, I guess it could be more if your "super sales" man or women.

Cons

Because its union, even if you have ten years experience , you will be forced to work all of the shifts that no one else has signed up for. If your a single mom , forget it unless you have babysitters that will care for your children till 10pm Mon - Fri. They let you know right from the get go that you are replaceable. "15 others want your seat", and so on. Comments like this make you feel like a number, which you are. So don't think your special because your not. Training is usually far from home and requires you to stay in a hotel for a month . Training is also a 30 day "interview". Make no mistake about it. While I was in training I saw two people get canned because the instructor simply didn't like them. They had more then 5 years of sales in the industry and so on. they were more then qualified but refused to become part of the Atandt cult. And it is a "cult". They will even give you a little bracelet for you to wear to remind you that you are representing them at all times, even when you're not on the clock. During the training , if you sware, wear anything that they consider to be unprofessional or are late by even one min more then twice you will be "let go".

Remember that Atandt isn't the only company out there. Individualism is beautiful and these careers you primp and press yourself for everyday are only one part of your life. A part that could easily be replaced by another job some where down the line. People coming in to your company with experience know that they can make the same money else where and with less of the way over done corporate brain washing that you impose on your employees. We aren't numbers, were people and we know that with or with out you there will be another day. Don't try to convince us that it all begins and ends with you. Because the reality of the situation is that with out us .., the sales people that eat the dirt of every angry customer you have broken your promises to .., YOU have nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T