AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Do yourself a favor and Do NOT work here

Former Employee - RSC in Rapid City, SD
Former Employee - RSC in Rapid City, SD

I worked at AT&T part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Pay and that is about it.

Cons

They suck the life out of you! No time for friends or family. I was hired on as a part-time employee and I worked on average 40 to 65 hour weeks the whole 6 months I worked there. They would schedule me less than that, but they would tell me i had to work extra shifts because they were so short handed...needs of the business..etc.You typically do not get a break and if you do it's within an hour of your shift being over. I got physically ill from not being allowed to hydrate myself and go to the bathroom on 2 ocassions.Managers micro manage all the time. Expect to be followed around all the time with your manager/assistant manager asking you "what are you doing?" "Why are you doing that?" "Do you think you could have handled that customer differently?". I literally mean all of the time. If I didn't reccomend an ipad, home phone, or mifi device to every single customer I helped (including customers that came in just to pay a bill, apply a discount to their account, or inquire about when the next iphone launch would be) I would get a "strike" and after 3 strikes they fire you. Which is complete BS considering the strikes never fall off!

Give your employees a chance to sell things without you standing over their shoulders all the d*mn time.

5897 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Terrible Work Environment

Former Employee - Manager Customer Information Services in Hamden, CT
    Former Employee - Manager Customer Information Services in Hamden, CT

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

No real pros to add. They have stopped caring about employees as people

Cons

Treated me like a number and not a person

Go back to real training, get rid of MSOC and focus on how to make your employees happy so they can give that back to the customers they serve

Customer Support

Former Employee - Customer Support
    Former Employee - Customer Support

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work independently, no micro managing

Cons

No room for advancement, only hire contractors. no benefits

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T