AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Do yourself a favor and Do NOT work here

Former Employee - RSC in Rapid City, SD
Former Employee - RSC in Rapid City, SD

I worked at AT&T part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Pay and that is about it.

Cons

They suck the life out of you! No time for friends or family. I was hired on as a part-time employee and I worked on average 40 to 65 hour weeks the whole 6 months I worked there. They would schedule me less than that, but they would tell me i had to work extra shifts because they were so short handed...needs of the business..etc.You typically do not get a break and if you do it's within an hour of your shift being over. I got physically ill from not being allowed to hydrate myself and go to the bathroom on 2 ocassions.Managers micro manage all the time. Expect to be followed around all the time with your manager/assistant manager asking you "what are you doing?" "Why are you doing that?" "Do you think you could have handled that customer differently?". I literally mean all of the time. If I didn't reccomend an ipad, home phone, or mifi device to every single customer I helped (including customers that came in just to pay a bill, apply a discount to their account, or inquire about when the next iphone launch would be) I would get a "strike" and after 3 strikes they fire you. Which is complete BS considering the strikes never fall off!

Give your employees a chance to sell things without you standing over their shoulders all the d*mn time.

6086 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Customer Support

Former Employee - Customer Support
    Former Employee - Customer Support

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work independently, no micro managing

Cons

No room for advancement, only hire contractors. no benefits

Welcome to the machine

Former Employee - Cellular Sales Consultant in Barnstable, MA
    Former Employee - Cellular Sales Consultant in Barnstable, MA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Att is the only union run cell phone company that I know of. Because they are an enormous corporation you obviously have a great benefits package. The pay for entry level sales reps is a base of 32k with comm. that ranges between 12k to 36k, I guess it could be more if your "super sales" man or women.

Cons

Because its union, even if you have ten years experience , you will be forced to work all of the shifts that no one else has signed up for. If your a single mom , forget it unless you have babysitters that will care for your children till 10pm Mon - Fri. They let you know right from the get go that you are replaceable. "15 others want your seat", and so on. Comments like this make you feel like a number, which you are. So don't think your special because your not. Training is usually far from home and requires you to stay in a hotel for a month . Training is also a 30 day "interview". Make no mistake about it. While I was in training I saw two people get canned because the instructor simply didn't like them. They had more then 5 years of sales in the industry and so on. they were more then qualified but refused to become part of the Atandt cult. And it is a "cult". They will even give you a little bracelet for you to wear to remind you that you are representing them at all times, even when you're not on the clock. During the training , if you sware, wear anything that they consider to be unprofessional or are late by even one min more then twice you will be "let go".

Remember that Atandt isn't the only company out there. Individualism is beautiful and these careers you primp and press yourself for everyday are only one part of your life. A part that could easily be replaced by another job some where down the line. People coming in to your company with experience know that they can make the same money else where and with less of the way over done corporate brain washing that you impose on your employees. We aren't numbers, were people and we know that with or with out you there will be another day. Don't try to convince us that it all begins and ends with you. Because the reality of the situation is that with out us .., the sales people that eat the dirt of every angry customer you have broken your promises to .., YOU have nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T