Do yourself a favor and Do NOT work here

Former Employee - RSC in Rapid City, SD
Former Employee - RSC in Rapid City, SD

I worked at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and that is about it.

Cons

They suck the life out of you! No time for friends or family. I was hired on as a part-time employee and I worked on average 40 to 65 hour weeks the whole 6 months I worked there. They would schedule me less than that, but they would tell me i had to work extra shifts because they were so short handed...needs of the business..etc.You typically do not get a break and if you do it's within an hour of your shift being over. I got physically ill from not being allowed to hydrate myself and go to the bathroom on 2 ocassions.Managers micro manage all the time. Expect to be followed around all the time with your manager/assistant manager asking you "what are you doing?" "Why are you doing that?" "Do you think you could have handled that customer differently?". I literally mean all of the time. If I didn't reccomend an ipad, home phone, or mifi device to every single customer I helped (including customers that came in just to pay a bill, apply a discount to their account, or inquire about when the next iphone launch would be) I would get a "strike" and after 3 strikes they fire you. Which is complete BS considering the strikes never fall off!

Advice to Management

Give your employees a chance to sell things without you standing over their shoulders all the d*mn time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company to work for, excellent benefits and training for job advancement if desired.

Former Employee - Switch Tech III
    Former Employee - Switch Tech III

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They encourage training within the company provided web based training programs for advancement and to stay current on new technologies being implemented. They also provide instructor led OJT on new equipment and technologies being implemented to the employees being affected.

Cons

Land line management taking over management of wireless market techs, particularly in markets without CWA unions, and not having a clue as to how to handle the techs. They had used to a nearly adversarial environment with the unions. In the non-union, this attitude did not exist between management and techs. There is also zero tolerance for errors for techs performing maintenance routines and repairs.

2. Money

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is good, but i wouldn't recommend to any one.

Cons

There are alot of cons, too many to actually list.