AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Highly Stressful

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits
Compensation
Great people to work with

Cons

Highly Stressful
No job security
Decrease in commission every year
Retail hours

Treat your employees like people, not robots who produce profit.

6102 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Used to be a good job, going downhill fast. The way they treat their employees is awful and borderline ILLEGAL

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Money. The company pays double what an average customer service representative generally makes in this industry. Benefits are ok, used to be free, monthly premiums keep going up every year.

Cons

AT&T used to be a company to be proud to work for. Honestly, these days I am ashamed to say I work for them. In the past 3-4 years the company's greed has taken over completely. We were told a few years ago that the company was going to bring outsourced jobs back to the US. They did, however they are now "insourcing" those job to low wage,vendor companies like USA 800 for example. Also dosent help that they hold us to ridiculous out of reach sales goals, while we spend most days for 8+ hours fixing messes that these vendors and strictly commissioned service reps have created and calming down customers that have been lied to repeatedly and promised things that simply do not exist. And we are expected to sell these people more products and make sure that they are very satisfied at the end of the call. I once received a ry dissatisfied survey from a customer who had problems from the month before with a man who had lied to her and promised her things that were just not true. She was upset, gave me a negative rating on the survey 24hours later and even left a 5 minute long rant about the man she spoke to the previous month. My manager listened to the call and said id don't nothing wrong, but I should have tried to offer her a cell phone and maybe some Uverse. I was still held accountable for the negative survey.

Put yourselves in your employees shoes. Intimitdation and scare tactics that you may lose your job if you don't meet their ridiculous sales goals do not work. It only creates low morale. Quit hiring from the bottom of the barrel and stop shoving products down your customers throats. They already know about them and it does nothing but tick them off.

Management Issue

Former Employee - Credit Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Credit Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the co-workers were great to work with on a daily basis. Management had
    their own priorites

Cons

Some of the co-workers were not great to work with on a daily basis

You lost many great workers

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T