AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Too much asked for too little compensation

Current Employee - Wire Tech  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Wire Tech in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent company, decent supervisors I've had,

Cons

Too little pay for too much asked of you, long hours and not a good work home life balance, to many compliance a to follow it just seems like they try to run it like the military and it's not run very well though. Confusion I'd even say. Have to schedule your sick days. It can be a bit much ya times and my salary sucks!!!!

Take better care of your technicians! Fight for theirs salaries to be fair all around the board and maybe you'll meet your numbers and techs will care a little more. The numbers being met to salary ratio right now, for me... Just doesn't add up!!

5656 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

AT&T is on the verge of hiring new employees for quantity over quality.

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere of AT&T is bright and recognizes people for their excellent work. I worked as a customer support specialist (tech) for iPhones at one of their call centers.

Cons

I've only worked at AT&T for three months and they hired about 70+ people after me for their call center. It goes to show they just want to fill up desks. The position I had used to be a promotion from customer care but now they're just hiring pretty much anyone. Training is 8 weeks and is long and tedious. The problem with training is you get to know a lot about specifics about the technology involved and not enough about navigating through the software used when you're put on phones. (Customers don't care about the specifics of their phones they just want their issues fixed.) The biggest con about AT&T is how their main focus is statistics on teams and individuals. There are so many stats on every little detail about calls and teams and individuals are ranked. Another con is they aren't flexible or understanding on schedules. Legitimate excuses like appointments aren't even taken into account. When you miss a day, you take a point and depending on how many points you are allotted, you can be up for termination if you use it all up. Finally, benefits aren't awarded until after 6 months of employment. I understand the company hires a lot of people and wants to avoid people who take advantage of the system but 6 months is too long. I've seen many people leave the company in less than 3 months I would have to say all of the above is why people aren't enticed to stay with the company including me.

Don't put so much pressure on statistics especially with average-call-handling-time and 7-day-repeats. The schedule adherence is also ridiculous. There's no telling how long a call will be. Lastly, try to be more forgiving for scheduling. People get sick and unexpected events occur.

Horrible place to work.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Redlands, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Its a job. I guess the benefits are ok and there is a 401k. I'm really racking my brain to think of something good to say about working here.

Cons

Unattainable quotas. Ridiculous customer protocol, i.e. scripted greetings. Commissions aren't much and the only motivation really is to keep the job. I never met anyone else who worked here that liked this job. They treat their employees as if they are unimportant and they could care less about your advancement. Managers will pawn their work off on others but only people within the "inner circle" can ever plan on getting promoted.

Try managing with incentive and motivation rather than always making your team feel as if they're always about to lose their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!