AT&T

www.att.com

Well paying job that pushes hard on sales

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at AT&T part-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay very well with the compensation plan and you get to work with technology every day.

Cons

Sometimes the corporate structure can be very stressful as they push very hard on sales

Make sure to treat your employees with respect and know their needs, not necessarily only what's best for the company.

Other Reviews for AT&T

Get in, get through training, GET OUT!!

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Training is 2 months out if town. They will pay for your room in a nice hotel and will reimburse you for food. Training is 2 months of easy work (except pole climbing). Most weeks you get paid to sit in a classroom and watch movies. Once you get out and get in the real world you get to meet all kinds of people during your work day.

Cons

Hmmm where to start?

Basically you get 2 months of training on the basics then thrown to the wolves. You have to depend on others for help until you figure out how things work. The first 90 days in the field enjoy because once you rack up the tenure numbers then the more they expect of you. By 6 months they expect you to meet their impossible efficiency goals of 95%. Now don't get me wrong if things that were beyond your control didn't happen then yeah that could be reachable. By tenure 3 you are expected to be 100% efficient all the time..hahaha

Everything at ATandT is your fault. Your drill broke? You broke it! You cut your hand? Should have been wearing your safety suit of bs that you are expected to wear and still be efficient. The best is the company vehicles..

Some idiot ran a stop sign and t-boned you? Your fault! Your GPS in the truck said you were speeding even though you were doing the speed limit? Suspension!! Your GPS is malfunctioning? You're tampering with it!

You always have someone watching you. They are waiting to catch you slipping to discipline you. That is an unspoken rule for management. If your manager isn't meeting his numbers one of his guys has to be in discipline at all times.

While most of your co-workers are cool some will use any chance they can to throw you under the bus.just to get a pat on the back to save their own skin a little longer..

You will have to work in all kinds of conditions, hot, cold, nasty, stinky, tight, high, low to please the customers. Most of which are cool, but occasionally you get the one that wants the impossible. Just tell them it has to be done your way because of something technical and it will confuse them. Remember you are being timed!!

You have a union option when you hire on. They pretty much force you into signing up. They will take less than $20 from your paycheck to "protect you", but they are kind of a joke. They try don't get me wrong, but they are so weak they usually don't have a leg to stand on when you are being disciplined. You pretty much have to take a chewing and punishment and fight it later.

My fingers are starting to cramp, but I could write a book on the cons of this position. Believe me you will find out too if you get hired..in which you will. They hire everyone because of the high turnover rate. Even if you make it when things slow down in the winter your head is put on the chopping block because the company is looking at any way to save a dollar. So basically you're expendable.

My best advice is get hired, complete training and once you get out into the field spend every minute you aren't working 12-14 hour days looking for another job so that way at the 6 month mark when they start cracking the whip on you you can tell them to "suck it" and quit.

One more thing. If you have a family kiss them goodbye because you will work sun up to sun down and the random 2 days you are scheduled off that are constantly changing will get taken from you at moments notice. They can work you for up to 14 days straight and believe me they will too.

You should be ashamed of the bs you put the wire techs through to meet "numbers"!!

I loved working there

I worked at AT&T

Pros

A lot of team management

Cons

Long long long long hours

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!