There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

It ONCE was a good place to work, not anymore!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting new people (employees), Health Benefits, 401K, Union...and thats about it.

Cons

You will become a slave until they do their best to run you out. Long work/store hours, so say goodbye to your social life, or family life for that matter! There is no work/life balance, the quotas are unrealistic, they are all about flipping customers upside down, and emptying out their pockets. You as a sales rep dont matter to the people in upper management. They change your commission structure so that you cant maxamize your earning potential like we once could.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic, and treat your employees with more care and respect, instead of treating us like a money making machine for your own personal gain. We are actual people too. Also, change our store hours back to a reasonable close time. We do have families too.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. AT&T was a great opportunity!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ATT offers many different opportunities for training, developing good customer service skills, and was a very positive experience all around.

Cons

Quotas were strictly enforced which was frustrating at times, due to the workload. The shift that you worked was based on seniority only, and raises were based on contracts, not an individuals performance.

Advice to Management

The only advice that I could give management would be to keep the line of communication open with your reps. Making sure that each service rep understands what their job performance looks like is very important. Coaching them to achieve even high goals means that everyone benefits.

2. great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, 401k plan with company matching and paid time off

Cons

high-pressure call center environment to meet weekly and monthly quotas. Sometimes deal with irate customers