AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Solid pay and benefits

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, secure company, no college degree for many positions

Cons

heavy pressure, slow advancement, limited comission

6095 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Get lucky and land a seasoned and reasonable manager or get trapped with a novice "yes man".

Current Employee - Corporate Technical Position in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Corporate Technical Position in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Being on call 24x7 can be challenging, depending on your manager and their adaptation to modern work from home practices you may land a reasonably flexible schedule as I finally have with my new supervisor after our team was restructured. Beware of the 1950's style of others which forces you to commute into a local office only work alone with your national and international co-workers.

Cons

Management deems most people "un-releasable" preventing you from advancing to other positions within the company. If you are releasable many people are never promoted and never informed why. Work is continually brought in but staff is rarely causing staff to support 4-6 or more clients rather than 2-3 as they should. Required tool sets only complicate things further making work difficult at best. This is truly a process first kind of place. You are rated on customer service but setup for failure from the start. Managers use threat tactics.

Provide a small number of proper job specific tools. Streamline process, make supporting the client easier so we may provide a better level of service. Break down barriers for technical and other support staff to work with other internal teams. You get what you give. Review and/or replace mid-level managers who cannot manage and were simply promoted out of seniority. Promises from high level executives never trickles down to the front line corporate employees.

Excellent company!

Former Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, flexible schedules, balance between work and personal life. Great benefits and strong leadership team.

Cons

There were not many cons working here in the corporate environment. If our division hadn't been relocated, I would still be working here.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T