www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Depends on which group you're in

Former Employee - Corporate Finance
Former Employee - Corporate Finance

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large, stable company. Promotes diversity. Multiple corporate campuses. You don't have to be a superstar to succeed.

Cons

Operationally, a very reactive environment. Antiquated financial systems and processes. Typically not a 'best practices' driven area of the company. Communication can be lacking. Functional groups can be very compartmentalized and difficult to align on common tasks. Difficult to get feedback. Selective accountability.

Embrace the incredible technology that's available to you. Don't reject new and fresh ideas for fear of being overshadowed by subordinates. Step out of your comfort zone once in a while. The way we've always done it in the past may not be the best way to do it today.

6509 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fairly secure employment, benefits very good

Cons

Advancement opportunities beneficial more toward females and minorities

Working for AT&T has its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

AT&T is a huge company that tries to take care of their employees. We are often awarded with bonuses for satisfactory service and more. AT&T also offers many opportunities for advancement within the company with tuition reimbursement and also a program to assist employees transition to other jobs within the company.

Cons

With ATT being a large company the voice of the few if often completely ignored. ATT sales dept. is very frustrating with their high pressure sales pitches, and their bad habit of telling the customer whatever they want to hear to get them off the line, which often leaves me and other agents like myself to clean up their mess.

Listen to your employees more TIP is great for big ideas, but small adjustments to make our job's easier don't often fit in the TIP area. Also please do something about the very frustrating environment that the sales dept. is creating for customers and also other employees...

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T