AT&T

www.att.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great company to work for up until the time they became AT&T (after SBC)

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, overly generous with overtime

Cons

No work comradeship, low morale as a crew, way too much emphasis placed on production rather than customer satisfaction. Safety and customer satisfaction are just buzz words.

Depends on the level of manager being addressed. From 4th level down it's robotic. "I don't make the rules, we just have to follow them". No matter how inconsistent or idiotic they may be. And any time a 3rd level manager comes in fresh, they like to re-invent the wheel in their
image.

6805 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Is the Employee Valued or Replaceable?

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

From my experience, there are a lot of hardworking, good employees with bright ideas and commitment to doing a great job.
    Most employees get annual bonuses based on their performance review scores. Until 2014, my organization received smaller quarterly bonuses as well.

Cons

There are employees and contractors that are unproductive and/or require handholding to do their job.
    Company policy is designed where the great employees are not really rewarded. They may get a larger bonus, but "Valued" is just a management word to appease the flock - employees and customers.
    Starting in 2014, the company is changing the bonus payout scheme to ultimately shrink the total payout, for the individual unless they are a top performer and for the company as well. But I don't expect the executives' pay and bonuses to be sacrificed any.

Until you show that you truly value your employees, you will continue to lose your top performers and will only be able to replace them with drones.

Global Sales Manager

Former Employee - Global Sales in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Global Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

telecommuting created flexibility to lead a balanced life

Cons

Company has gone through so many changes that the upper management appears to be inwardly focused

Talk to your customers, learn to partner and be a partner to them to better understand their business,

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T